friends telling me to not date a white boy

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok so i'm black and my closest friends are also all black. there's this boy who has had a crush on me for almost two years. i have a crush on him too and i'm 90% sure he knows that i do and i know that he does and my friends are also VERY aware of the situation (and im pretty sure his friends are aware too). one of my friends asked me if i would actually go out with him if he asked me out and i said yes then she did this shocked face. and my other friends were basically trying to put me off him by saying why would you date a white boy, they're colonisers/slave masters stuff like that. i thought they were just joking so i brushed it off but then more recently we were talking about our celeb crushes and i mentioned a few celebs who i thought were attractive but then as soon as i mentioned a white actor they laughed as if i said something outrageous and then called me a white man's wh*re. then they were telling me that they would never date a white boy and that i shouldn't consider it either because his parents might be racist or if we get into an argument he'll call me the n word ????? i know i can choose whoever i want to date and it's not up to my friends but it's a bit :-/ when they say this type of stuff especially when they knoww i have a crush on some guy who happens to be white. and if i actually do end up dating this guy, it might be a bit awkward since my friends would have some type of grudge against him for being white. and im not really offended by them calling me a white man's wh*re but im just a bit confused as to why it's such a big deal that a black girl finds some white guys attractive??? is it 1832??
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol 1832?

I don’t think your friends are your friends. They’re meant to be supporting and accepting of your decisions tbh. Sure, they’ve got a point about the slave stuff but are we really going to resort to that mentality?

I personally think you should do what you want to do tbh, if they don’t like it then it tells you a lot about them.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you really going to let your friends make decisions for you? Also no one alive today had anything to do with the Atlantic slave trade and no one born after 1950 had anything to do with colonisation, so that's a non argument.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You’re friends sound pretty racist to me. And they actually don’t sound like friends at all. Just do what makes you happy that’s all that matters
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's not even preference that's just racism lmao, fix your friends
Hyperadder04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
ok so i'm black and my closest friends are also all black. there's this boy who has had a crush on me for almost two years. i have a crush on him too and i'm 90% sure he knows that i do and i know that he does and my friends are also VERY aware of the situation (and im pretty sure his friends are aware too). one of my friends asked me if i would actually go out with him if he asked me out and i said yes then she did this shocked face. and my other friends were basically trying to put me off him by saying why would you date a white boy, they're colonisers/slave masters stuff like that. i thought they were just joking so i brushed it off but then more recently we were talking about our celeb crushes and i mentioned a few celebs who i thought were attractive but then as soon as i mentioned a white actor they laughed as if i said something outrageous and then called me a white man's wh*re. then they were telling me that they would never date a white boy and that i shouldn't consider it either because his parents might be racist or if we get into an argument he'll call me the n word ????? i know i can choose whoever i want to date and it's not up to my friends but it's a bit :-/ when they say this type of stuff especially when they knoww i have a crush on some guy who happens to be white. and if i actually do end up dating this guy, it might be a bit awkward since my friends would have some type of grudge against him for being white. and im not really offended by them calling me a white man's wh*re but im just a bit confused as to why it's such a big deal that a black girl finds some white guys attractive??? is it 1832??
Your friends are racist. Simple as that. Don't listen to them and date him if that's what you want. And maybe consider getting some new friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10.13%
No I am happy with my choice (45)
56.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.06%

Watched Threads