My parent does not give a f*** anymore?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
One of my parents passed away, and i'm left with siblings and my other parent.

I've seen a change in my parent behaviour. They don't give a f*** about who they talk to, they are very rude, cold, mean...their tone is very rough.

My other parent is inpatient towards myself and my siblings as well as people they talk to.

My parent doesn't give a f*** about their health either. My parent is obese and they had two heart attacks previously. My parent doesn't care about the stress and anxiety my siblings and I go through... as we're scared to become orphaned. We've tried everything we can with GPs, therapies and charities. They don't want help.

My parent is still grieving, but still refuses to go to talking therapy.

The thing is, my parent is destroying the family unit. My younger sibling has become very distant and doesn't talk much. It's completely separated.

Family is so important to me and I'm extremely sad the way my life and siblings lives are going.

My parent just don't give a f***. There's nothing else we can do

I feel my parent is trying to kill their self...by becoming more obese and ill. I believe my parent just wants the same attention my late parent got at their funeral and beyond that.

My late parent who passed away wasn't their choice as their health was a terminal illness. Ive told my parent over and over about this but they won't listen.

I have no support from my last parent's family. I don't have friends and i'm really lonely at times because nobody is helping me.

I guess praying helps thats the only kind of hope I have left.

Please be kind,
Any advice??
Thank you
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
One of my parents passed away, and i'm left with siblings and my other parent.

I've seen a change in my parent behaviour. They don't give a f*** about who they talk to, they are very rude, cold, mean...their tone is very rough.

My other parent is inpatient towards myself and my siblings as well as people they talk to.

My parent doesn't give a f*** about their health either. My parent is obese and they had two heart attacks previously. My parent doesn't care about the stress and anxiety my siblings and I go through... as we're scared to become orphaned. We've tried everything we can with GPs, therapies and charities. They don't want help.

My parent is still grieving, but still refuses to go to talking therapy.

The thing is, my parent is destroying the family unit. My younger sibling has become very distant and doesn't talk much. It's completely separated.

Family is so important to me and I'm extremely sad the way my life and siblings lives are going.

My parent just don't give a f***. There's nothing else we can do

I feel my parent is trying to kill their self...by becoming more obese and ill. I believe my parent just wants the same attention my late parent got at their funeral and beyond that.

My late parent who passed away wasn't their choice as their health was a terminal illness. Ive told my parent over and over about this but they won't listen.

I have no support from my last parent's family. I don't have friends and i'm really lonely at times because nobody is helping me.

I guess praying helps thats the only kind of hope I have left.

Please be kind,
Any advice??
Thank you
Hey I’m feeling lonely too because of a similar situation at home but I’m going to uni soon and it will all be over, are you at uni yet, you will finally get the space you need once you go. do you wanna talk on Insta or something
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I’m feeling lonely too because of a similar situation at home but I’m going to uni soon and it will all be over, are you at uni yet, you will finally get the space you need once you go. do you wanna talk on Insta or something
Hi, I've already been to uni... good luck with your studies
Don't mind messaging you on this platform
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I've already been to uni... good luck with your studies
Don't mind messaging you on this platform
I would just recommend trying to avoid your parents as much as you can like just stay in your room or try to go out, it seems like their negativity is weighing you down
tayyyphil
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they're grieving, c'mon now...
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First of all, sorry to hear of your loss. Secondly your surviving parent is greiving so right now they are struggling, like you all are. Keep close to your siblings if you can, let them know your here for them to talk to you. Right now your parent is being a closed book, but grief does that sometimes. Let your parent know you are still all here, you love them and that there is light out of the darkness eventually, their children (you and your siblings) are testament to that fact.
Sometimes it takes someone like yourself to be the bigger person than the parent in this horrible situation right now and be the sounding board, or to show a little compassion and tenderness to your family so they know that loves still around in this world. And I hope you are talking to a greiving counsellor too? You also need a person in your life that you need to unload to.
Its all very difficult right now, but it will get better. Your parent is just not ready to talk yet, but they will do one day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise