The Student Room Group

I honestly have had no luck dating British Asian men

Hi, sorry if this is weird. I date pretty much anyone but my preference is Asian men and I have not had much luck in relationships. I am trying to improve myself, but I wonder why I pick men who are always just unavailable? How can I stop this? By the way, I always walk away afterwards but I'm going to the gym, exercising 5 days a week and learning to eat healthy.

Scroll to see replies

whats your ethncity? us british asians are normally open to most backgrounds but some asians that are originally from asia may prefer their own race.
Reply 2
Original post by Proxenus
whats your ethncity? us british asians are normally open to most backgrounds but some asians that are originally from asia may prefer their own race.

I am a White British woman.
A lot of Asian men keep to their own kind. You just have to find the one who are willing to date outside of their race.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr T 999
A lot of Asian men keep to their own kind. You just have to find the one who are willing to date outside of their race.

Yeah that's true, nothing wrong with that :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I am a White British woman.

tell me about yourself. what do you do? how old are you? what grades did you get in academics?
Reply 6
tell me about yourself. what do you do? how old are you? what grades did you get in academics?

I study a Bachelor's degree, looking to study a master's degree but not sure what in yet. I want to go to the University of Warwick after, but again I don't know. I'm 22 years old. Academically, I am aiming for 2.1. I got mainly B grades before attending university. I know I'm anonymous but you asked me haha
Do you think 2k in savings is good enough for someone going to University this year?

lol
Reply 9
Original post by heheheehexd
Do you think 2k in savings is good enough for someone going to University this year?

Why wouldn't it be?
Maybe you're culturally quite different from them. Other than that, maybe you've just had a few unsuccessful ones so it would be worth it to keep trying
Why wouldn't it be?

Idk I'm stupid how much did u save up? Before going to uni.
Idk I'm stupid how much did u save up? Before going to uni.

I didn't save anything, but I think around 2k would last for about like five months at uni but with student finance on top, I honestly have no idea,
I didn't save anything, but I think around 2k would last for about like five months at uni but with student finance on top, I honestly have no idea,

Wait so I'll have no money for 2nd and 3rd year NOOOOOOOOO
Maybe you're culturally quite different from them. Other than that, maybe you've just had a few unsuccessful ones so it would be worth it to keep trying

Yeah maybe. I think I should take time out for myself, I don't know but I always end up heartbroken,
Wait so I'll have no money for 2nd and 3rd year NOOOOOOOOO

lol
lol you're also abusive, controlling, rude and too close to your parents. you end up wanting your girlfriends to convert and all you have to offer her is a room in your parents house that you have zero interest in ever moving out of. no wonder you're low on the dating scale.

this is rude and just a presumption.
I study a Bachelor's degree, looking to study a master's degree but not sure what in yet. I want to go to the University of Warwick after, but again I don't know. I'm 22 years old. Academically, I am aiming for 2.1. I got mainly B grades before attending university. I know I'm anonymous but you asked me haha

what do you think is the problem? your looks or do you think its them? when you say they unavailable is that bc they have a gf or just not interested?
what do you think is the problem? your looks or do you think its them? when you say they unavailable is that bc they have a gf or just not interested?

I don't know, I think my looks are okay as I am not overweight. I just haven't had a long term relationship, haven't dated that much so yeah.
lol you're also abusive, controlling, rude and too close to your parents. you end up wanting your girlfriends to convert and all you have to offer her is a room in your parents house that you have zero interest in ever moving out of. no wonder you're low on the dating scale.

Lol what.

Quick Reply