Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's one of my relative's birthday soon. So there will be a small family gathering at their house. I am a adult i'm in my Mid-20s and my dad has forced us to all go to the relative's house, like he is very strict and he will punish my siblings and I if we don't go.

Then next weekend the relative is hosting a birthday meal at a restaurant...with all the people same people from the previous weekend and a few friends. Because of covid restrictions I will be able to see more family at the restaurant than the previous week. Again my dad will punish my siblings and I if we don't go.

I am a adult and i'm in my mid 20s and I prefer to just go to the restaurant and see the whole family that way.

Does anyone see the point of it all? I'm not close with them at all and I will basically see them twice, 1 week apart.

Any advice? Be kind
Thank you
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How will he punish you? Do you still live with him?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
How will he punish you? Do you still live with him?
He will lock us out of the house for the whole night...He will put the key in the keyhole from the inside of the house to stop us from coming in.
Might need to call up a few friends. I still live with him
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then just go.
Doesn’t seem worth it just because “you’ll see them the next week anyway”
And in the mean time start organising yourself to move out so that you’re no longer bound by your dad’s rules.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (53)
28.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.2%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
55.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads