What does an online retail social media assistant do? Worried

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I applied for this job and the employers got back to me with a video of a few people talking about them working their but it doesn't say much about the job just that they can work hours to suit them and work round other commitments and travel, meet people. This wouldn't be relevant for he job role I applied for as it's all online through social media right? They also said I'd receive a personalised website. Does that mean my name would be on there? I don't want my name public. The email said if this was of interest then I should reply for information on the next steps which I have done but I'm worried my name would be public on the website. I'm hoping when they reply, it will put me at ease but I'm not sure. There was an example of a personalised website, it was of the company name so that is what I'm hoping to get with no link to me.
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I applied for this job and the employers got back to me with a video of a few people talking about them working their but it doesn't say much about the job just that they can work hours to suit them and work round other commitments and travel, meet people. This wouldn't be relevant for he job role I applied for as it's all online through social media right? They also said I'd receive a personalised website. Does that mean my name would be on there? I don't want my name public. The email said if this was of interest then I should reply for information on the next steps which I have done but I'm worried my name would be public on the website. I'm hoping when they reply, it will put me at ease but I'm not sure. There was an example of a personalised website, it was of the company name so that is what I'm hoping to get with no link to me.
What does social media assistant do.......

Assists social media management with large projects, events, and community management. Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns. Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects. Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content.

Social Media Assistant Job Duties:
Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
Optimizes content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
Assists social media management with large projects, events, and community management
Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns
Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
Writes and distributes e-newsletters to subscribers
Manages social media communications
Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.44%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.56%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.22%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.44%

Watched Threads