The Student Room Group

Looking for a Job

Does anyone know where a 16 year old can work in Scotland (preferably Glasgow) on the weekends/evenings?
Original post by thegoodstudent06
Does anyone know where a 16 year old can work in Scotland (preferably Glasgow) on the weekends/evenings?

Wetherspoons, or similar.
Wetherspoons have a specific job role for under 18s where you work the floor or kitchen and don’t serve alcohol.

any supermarkets, any retail stores, starbuck's, costa, etc

Shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, toursity type places etc etc
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lucyyy12
any supermarkets, any retail stores, starbuck's, costa, etc

Damn, just seen this. Thanks, I’ll make sure to contact them!
Original post by Emma:-)
Shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, toursity type places etc etc

Thank you!!

Retailers ( tesco will employ 16 yrs old with restrictions till you are 18)
Boots the chemist from age 15 with again few restrictions till you 18.
McDonald's, KFC, local corner shops and other retailers as well.

There's weekend opportunities usually at football grounds doing food kiosks, maybe selling programs as you'll know plenty of stadiums in and around Glasgow area as you'll get about 4/5 hours there maybe if successful.

I'm from Glasgow area so why preferable there..!!!
Original post by Tracey_W
Retailers ( tesco will employ 16 yrs old with restrictions till you are 18)
Boots the chemist from age 15 with again few restrictions till you 18.
McDonald's, KFC, local corner shops and other retailers as well.

There's weekend opportunities usually at football grounds doing food kiosks, maybe selling programs as you'll know plenty of stadiums in and around Glasgow area as you'll get about 4/5 hours there maybe if successful.

I'm from Glasgow area so why preferable there..!!!

Heyyy! Sorry for the late reply lol. Thank you so much for this. Really helps a lot. I’m choosing Glasgow because there’s more jobs available there lol.
Heyyy! Sorry for the late reply lol. Thank you so much for this. Really helps a lot. I’m choosing Glasgow because there’s more jobs available there lol.

Hi

No problems in late reply ok.

Yes Glasgow do have a huge choice of employment with jobs and hope you'll find something you'll enjoy.
Yeah, I hope so to. Maybe JD or something but I’ll look into the ones you mentioned. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending