What to wear for dates as a male?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sup TSR. I have a date Monday and i am stressing out over what to wear as a 20 year old male as we're going to a restaurant quite late around 8.30 due to bookings so i was thinking of wearing jeans and a hoodie but not like a simple adidas one its a £60 hoodie i have forgot the name of or i could wear a Levi hoodie? i have had some say its okay others say a shirt but i don't think a shirt would go well at 8.30 at night so was thinking white shoes, white hoodie, blue or maybe black jeans, thoughts?
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You want wear a hoodie on a first date? I guess it depends on who the person is but I would go with the shirt. Also I didn't know certain clothes do better at certain times lmao.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JustSomeGuy:/)
You want wear a hoodie on a first date? I guess it depends on who the person is but I would go with the shirt. Also I didn't know certain clothes do better at certain times lmao.
I think an expensive hoodie is fine though? we'll be out at night when its much colder and also we'll be walking around a lot so just a shirt doesn't make sense lol.
bubblyicedtea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sup TSR. I have a date Monday and i am stressing out over what to wear as a 20 year old male as we're going to a restaurant quite late around 8.30 due to bookings so i was thinking of wearing jeans and a hoodie but not like a simple adidas one its a £60 hoodie i have forgot the name of or i could wear a Levi hoodie? i have had some say its okay others say a shirt but i don't think a shirt would go well at 8.30 at night so was thinking white shoes, white hoodie, blue or maybe black jeans, thoughts?
It depends on which restaurant you go to.
If it's an expensive, fancy restaurant I'd recommend wearing something formal like a long-sleeve button-down shirt and some fit trousers/chinos or slim fit jeans.

For the shirt, you should avoid wearing a t-shirt; it wouldn't really feel like a date and would just end up looking cheap. For the same reason, if I were you I wouldn't really wear a hoodie.
In terms of shoes, you could wear leather shoes, but you can also wear something comfortable like trainers which should be clean/fresh. White looks best in my opinion.

If the weather is super hot, you can wear chino shorts and a v-neck long-sleeve top.
Hope this helps
Last edited by bubblyicedtea; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'd be put off by a guy wearing a hoodie to a first date even if his style is more streetstyley/sporty

Just wear a cool jumper instead
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think an expensive hoodie is fine though? we'll be out at night when its much colder and also we'll be walking around a lot so just a shirt doesn't make sense lol.
Well you'd obviously be wearing a jacket as well lol. Like I said it depend on the person who you're dating. First impressions mean a lot and they probably don't care how much your hoodie costs (Some girls have expectations of guys to look smart on dates, some don't care etc.). And like the person above said if its a nice, fancy restaurant you need to be a bit more presentable (an expensive fit doesn't necessarily make it appropriate). Obviously if it's all casual then it's whatever but I don't know enough to say so just giving you your options.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It literally doesn't matter. As long as it's clean and in good shape
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The fact that you've said "restaurant" makes me say "shirt", and some kind of jacket or jumper for later, because it sounds like you are going somewhere nice.

If it was a walk in a park or a casual pizza or pub meal, that would be hoodie terrotory.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wear a coat on top of your shirt. By shirt though, if it was me, I’d wear a formal T shirt rather than your average casual T shirt. I’d suggest that if you have a bit of muscles on your biceps lol.
If not, go ahead and wear a casual t shirt with a coat on top.

This is a restaurant dude.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads