Nuaxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok I recently sat my alevel maths exam and my tutor called me saying I received 99% on one of my paper which he’s not meant to disclose to me however he did as he thought I was cheating so he called me to see if I did, I was confused when he said this to me because I genuinely revised and why on earth would I only attain on one paper 99% and not on the others. He called informing me that there was malpractice and I was confused and said could you explain how saying how I couldn’t have achieved that when in reality my Past papers I have too attained the same % he said he won’t be giving me a grade but send my paper over to malpractice. But given my work evidence and my extra past papers shouldn’t that suffice that I deserve it ? What should I do and how should I go about this ?
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nuaxo)
Ok I recently sat my alevel maths exam and my tutor called me saying I received 99% on one of my paper which he’s not meant to disclose to me however he did as he thought I was cheating so he called me to see if I did, I was confused when he said this to me because I genuinely revised and why on earth would I only attain on one paper 99% and not on the others. He called informing me that there was malpractice and I was confused and said could you explain how saying how I couldn’t have achieved that when in reality my Past papers I have too attained the same % he said he won’t be giving me a grade but send my paper over to malpractice. But given my work evidence and my extra past papers shouldn’t that suffice that I deserve it ? What should I do and how should I go about this ?
Talk to your maths teacher / head of maths ?
Talk to a parent / guardian first and get them involved
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From what you've aid I presume you're a private candidate. It's hard to give advice as I don't know how you took this exam - in normal exam conditions at the centre?, at home with internet invigilation? etc - nor do I know how robust the rest of your evidence is. To be honest, this year is a mess and the opportunities to cheat are everywhere and I imagine thousands of people have.

All I can say is that they are obliged to show you the evidence they have that you cheated and you have a right to submit your own statement of the events before a decision is made.
Nuaxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
(Original post by Compost)
From what you've aid I presume you're a private candidate. It's hard to give advice as I don't know how you took this exam - in normal exam conditions at the centre?, at home with internet invigilation? etc - nor do I know how robust the rest of your evidence is. To be honest, this year is a mess and the opportunities to cheat are everywhere and I imagine thousands of people have.

All I can say is that they are obliged to show you the evidence they have that you cheated and you have a right to submit your own statement of the events before a decision is made.
This is exactly what I was thinking he made a straight decision without looking at my previous past papers I had sat which I usually attain the same percentage in I really worked hard for this exam and for that paper after knowing my paper 1 didn’t go as great. I emailed my tutor twice about this situation and he has ignored them which has left me with nothing but to realise if he doesn’t cooperate it only looks bad on his behalf because one he couldn’t show me how and two because he won’t be able to communicate with me on the next steps. Do you think it’s best for me to get into contact with malpractice them self and say how I feel about this ?
Nuaxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Hey I really want to involve my parents but I’m scared to tell them because I feel as if they won’t understand and my tutor is just not cooperating with me for some odd reason just doesn't answer any emails and idk who I can go to for help.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nuaxo)
Hey I really want to involve my parents but I’m scared to tell them because I feel as if they won’t understand and my tutor is just not cooperating with me for some odd reason just doesn't answer any emails and idk who I can go to for help.
Contact your exam centre directly and ask to speak to the exams officer and explain what has happened and see what they say
gman9999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nuaxo)
If you have cheated it can be obvious through the steps you took in your answers and how much it matches the mark scheme. Your tutor has clearly seen something suspicious such as extreme similarities in the way you answered certain questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
22.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
8.16%
No I am happy with my choice (31)
63.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.12%

Watched Threads