The Student Room Group

Grieving and depending on someone?

I wouldn’t say it’s depending , well I don’t know.

I met (My bf now ) 3 years ago and he showed interest but I wasn’t interested as I was newly single and living my best life. We kept eachother on social media but didn’t speak.

My dad died a year ago and he sent me a message with his condolences as he has lost people in his life and his dad( 7 years ago). I thanked him and he said your always welcome to chat with me or get a breather and go out for a walk or coffee as we only lived 10 mins apart. I said thanks but( I wasn’t going to )

Anyways, his sibling ended up being killed 2 weeks later so I sent him a message in respect of him sending me one and my condolences I gave him my number and said feel free to call me if you want someone to speak to. ( didn’t think he would call, I was just being nice) we started speaking from there. Couple weeks later The day of my dads funeral he surprised me at my house with flowers. I found it super cute and respectful so I started speaking more closer to him.

It’s been a year and now we’re in a relationship. ( we got into a committed relationship couple months after the funeral about 5 months , we was always with eachother )

We both know if it wasn’t for our bereavement we wouldn’t be speaking. Espically me as I wasn’t intrested in the first place.

This creates a tight bond between us but I feel like because my dad was the only man in my life and now I have him I feel scared of loving. I love him however I feel like I might depend on him too much? As in if I loose him or we break up I wouldn’t honestly be sooooooooo lost and depressed. I do have some trust issues too from past relationships. Our relationship is good and and I’m happy with him.

Is this normal?
Can I get advice?
I'd say keep it going and see how it goes but also ask his intentions and also maybe ask him how he feels about you..? Try to take a break every now and then if you feel that you dont want to depend on him and discuss this too if you really want to be assured.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending