karolina.green
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all, after receiving my end of year results, I predict that I will receive predicted grades of A*AB. What would be my chances of receiving an offer for:
- University of Bath for Psychology
- University of Edinburgh for Psychology
- University College London for Psychology with Education
- Kings College London for Psychology and Neuroscience
Thanks a lot
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi.
Your grades are looking great. Whilst you should wait for your official predicted grades. If you are predicted that B, that will be your problem. Most unis will have students applying to them with grades that meet or exceed their entry requirements so your B is likely to be below (looking at the unis). Whilst it’s not out of the realms of possibility to get an offer from them, it’s unlikely to get an offer from all of the hall require AAA or above. If this is the case, make sure you have a uni or two with a B grade offer (AAB) to be certain of an offer somewhere.
I just know from my experience that unis are strict with grades as I was rejected from a AAB uni with predicted grades of A*A*A because I had a GCSE maths of C and they required a B.
I wish you luck.
karolina.green
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
Hi.
Your grades are looking great. Whilst you should wait for your official predicted grades. If you are predicted that B, that will be your problem. Most unis will have students applying to them with grades that meet or exceed their entry requirements so your B is likely to be below (looking at the unis). Whilst it’s not out of the realms of possibility to get an offer from them, it’s unlikely to get an offer from all of the hall require AAA or above. If this is the case, make sure you have a uni or two with a B grade offer (AAB) to be certain of an offer somewhere.
I just know from my experience that unis are strict with grades as I was rejected from a AAB uni with predicted grades of A*A*A because I had a GCSE maths of C and they required a B.
I wish you luck.
Thanks so much for your response! I will definitely be taking this into account and applying to more AAB universities. It's a shame that you had such fantastic predicted grades yet held back because of your GCSE maths grade, but I'm sure you got lots of offers from other unis
Amira_Jade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karolina.green)
Hi all, after receiving my end of year results, I predict that I will receive predicted grades of A*AB. What would be my chances of receiving an offer for:
- University of Bath for Psychology
- University of Edinburgh for Psychology
- University College London for Psychology with Education
- Kings College London for Psychology and Neuroscience
Thanks a lot
Hi, firstly those are excellent predictions. I hope it all goes well for you!

My best advice would be to email the universities' admissions team and they should be able to say if someone with the grades you have would be able to get on the course.
From my research into psychology courses the top ones typically range between AAA-BBB, so yours seem fine and the A* would be brilliant! Can't ask for more than that
karolina.green
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amira_Jade)
Hi, firstly those are excellent predictions. I hope it all goes well for you!

My best advice would be to email the universities' admissions team and they should be able to say if someone with the grades you have would be able to get on the course.
From my research into psychology courses the top ones typically range between AAA-BBB, so yours seem fine and the A* would be brilliant! Can't ask for more than that
Hi thanks so much!! I will do so, that’s very helpful 🥰
I hope all goes well for you too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (52)
6.1%
Uncertainty around my education (97)
11.37%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (88)
10.32%
Lack of purpose or motivation (106)
12.43%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (42)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (95)
11.14%
Financial worries (59)
6.92%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.69%
Exposure to negative news/social media (54)
6.33%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
2.93%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (82)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (68)
7.97%

Watched Threads