euphoria..45
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In the uk, can you ask to do higher grade GCSE papers if you are in bottom set?
And are there any ways to move up sets fast?
abirbella
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi previously my friends got their parents to call the school to get them moved to higher paper however they had to prove they could do the maths by working hard in mocks

there could be others ways but this is what i’ve seen works
emptyteeth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say discuss it with your current teacher. Tell them your intentions and ask them to assess you (you should by this time be able to take the assessment confidently, otherwise hold off until you can), from there I'm sure you'll be moved to the set that's better suited to you.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
best to talk to your teacher about this. if you're performing well above average consistently for your set in tests and assessments this will likely increase your chances of moving up sets.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by euphoria..45)
First person to speak to would be your teacher and see what they suggest, if you feel you can move up a set and think you are being held back tell the teacher, they will probs then speak to the head of department and get you to sit an assessment to see what your ability is and then choose whether to move you up or not.
lizloe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by euphoria..45)
Yeah I agree with most of these comments. I would speak to your teacher about whether you can do the higher paper and why you think you can do well on it.
About moving sets, again I would also talk to your teacher, maybe say you aren't being challenged enough, you think you could do harder work, you think you would like to learn more, but only say this if you actually think this. And prove to them, you should move up, work hard in class/tests etc, but defo talk to them. If that doesn't work, get your parents to talk to them Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10.13%
No I am happy with my choice (45)
56.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.06%

Watched Threads