Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I hate him. All he has done is fuq me up. He is an alcoholic and my mum doesn't want to leave him or get a divorce cos its "embarrassing". He has abused me physically when drunk when I was little not so much anymore as i'm 15. He always verbally abuses me whens hes drunk. When I get talk back I get shouted out by my mum for talking back like bruh are you being fr.

She says I should respect him bc he's my father. A father is a role not a title. On top of that I'm not allowed out with friends at all like at all so I'm just stuck indoors in the same house full of trauma all the time.

He's abused her and he talks so much **** about her family like when my grandad died recently he had no respect and got drunk on the day. I was so pissed. He was smirking the whole time. The day after the funeral he called my grandads relatives and started saying bad things about my grandad. There was a massive fight and I called the police and panicked because I thought my older sibling got hurt
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd hate him too.
Did social services get involved when you called the police?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like a right tosser
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
I'd hate him too.
Did social services get involved when you called the police?
No we came up with a lie saying that I misheard something in my language
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
Sounds like a right tosser
My mum said that I should respect him cos hes my dad and hes the one providing for us but idc
He's alright when sober but him being sober is rare and he makes leng food
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No we came up with a lie saying that I misheard something in my language
Did he tell you to lie?
Anonymous #1
Did he tell you to lie?
No we came up with it seeing as they took their time and he went upstairs
Anonymous #1
None of my friends know except one
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My mum said that I should respect him cos hes my dad and hes the one providing for us but idc
He's alright when sober but him being sober is rare and he makes leng food
Respect is earned not given freely. Would you respect someone who wasn't your dad and treated you like that? Of course not no one would.
Anonymous #1
Respect is earned not given freely. Would you respect someone who wasn't your dad and treated you like that? Of course not no one would.
That's what I preach
Anonymous #1
Ngl I'm a bit paranoid making this post bc when I'm older I want to be a model and talk about my background to help other children out there going through the same thing and I'm scared someones going to think I just copied my background from this tsr post lool
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No we came up with it seeing as they took their time and he went upstairs
Would you want help of social services? His behaviour sounds really damaging.
Anonymous #1
I get good grades in school and I am in top sets but recently I have been so unmotivated like I'm the child of an alcoholic the whole world expects me to fail anyway might as well become part of the stat they all expect to be in
Anonymous #1
Would you want help of social services? His behaviour sounds really damaging.
No
I'm going to move out in a few years to uni
2 and half to go then I'm cutting him out
idc what my mum says then
Anonymous #1
Oh and getting a therapist is a white thing apparently
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's what I preach
Good because that's the way the real world works. I respect that your ma's probably just trying to keep the peace but she should be protecting her kids from harm.
Anonymous #1
Good because that's the way the real world works. I respect that your ma's probably just trying to keep the peace but she should be protecting her kids from harm.
I love my mum but just how could she let all of this happen bc of our social status and peoples judgement
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I get good grades in school and I am in top sets but recently I have been so unmotivated like I'm the child of an alcoholic the whole world expects me to fail anyway might as well become part of the stat they all expect to be in
I don't think it's true that the world expects you to fail. Certainly if you're capable of getting good grades and being in top sets then you must be clever, and there must be people at school that expect that of you. And if there are people expecting you to fail, then **** them! Do well just to prove them wrong and wipe the smirks off their faces. We're all rooting for you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I don't think it's true that the world expects you to fail. Certainly if you're capable of getting good grades and being in top sets then you must be clever, and there must be people at school that expect that of you. And if there are people expecting you to fail, then **** them! Do well just to prove them wrong and wipe the smirks off their faces. We're all rooting for you
I can't remember where I read it (reading is my therapy well used to be) but like a percentage of children of alcoholic become addicts as well.
I come from a south asian family and I didn't get into a private/grammar skl so they think I'm dumb af and they also think I'm from the hood bc I used to sneak out (got caught lool)
I'm so paranoid writing this post bc when I'm older I want to be a model and talk about my background to help other children out there going through the same thing and I'm scared someones going to think I just copied my background from this tsr post lool
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Life is too short to waste valuable time and emotion on hate.
Just try to avoid your father as much as you can and save up as much cash as you can to finance a move to alternative accomodation far away from him.
Develop effective coping mechanisms and a strong support system whilst you have to share accomodation with him.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
29.25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.43%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads