The Student Room Group

Is a marketing degree from LSBU good?

Hi! I really like the look of London south bank university and the course I want to do (Marketing with advertising and digital communications) looks really good! However the uni is ranked quite low compared to other unis in the uk, would this effect my opportunities to get a decent job after graduation?
Original post by rochalouise
Hi! I really like the look of London south bank university and the course I want to do (Marketing with advertising and digital communications) looks really good! However the uni is ranked quite low compared to other unis in the uk, would this effect my opportunities to get a decent job after graduation?

Is it an accredited degree?
Reply 2
Thanks for replying! The uni says that they have links with CIM which offers industry accreditation
Thanks for replying! The uni says that they have links with CIM which offers industry accreditation

What sort of links? Find out if the course exempts you from any CIM exams and whether you will get membership.
Reply 4
From the CIM website I found that LSBU is a graduate gateway approved university so I would only have to complete 1 or 2 modules (depending on if I want to get a CIM certificate or diploma). I guess it seems like the course is on par to most other marketing courses, I’m just worried if I should be applying for a more prestigious uni (I’m achieving As and Bs in college at the moment) as south bank is rated really low
From the CIM website I found that LSBU is a graduate gateway approved university so I would only have to complete 1 or 2 modules (depending on if I want to get a CIM certificate or diploma). I guess it seems like the course is on par to most other marketing courses, I’m just worried if I should be applying for a more prestigious uni (I’m achieving As and Bs in college at the moment) as south bank is rated really low

Marketing jobs aren’t recruited based on prestige. They’re recruited based on your practical experience and CIM qualifications. If you think you’ll be happy at LSBU and will be able to get involved in things alongside your studies to build up practical marketing experience then it will be a good choice for you.
Reply 6

I'm looking to apply for the same course, I've seen mixed reviews about LSBU but I've decided to go ahead! :smile:

Quick Reply