lolokay123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Going to study at Warwick in september! I’ll be staying in halls and was wondering if bringing a desktop/gaming PC is allowed in accommodation?
terrafir
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I truthfully don't know if it will be allowed but is there any point getting one? Like if you can afford it go ahead but won't it just be easier to have a laptop with loads of memory or an external hard drive?
lolokay123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by terrafir)
I truthfully don't know if it will be allowed but is there any point getting one? Like if you can afford it go ahead but won't it just be easier to have a laptop with loads of memory or an external hard drive?
Well it’s the only computer I have, it used to be my brothers and i’d rather not have to go out and buy another computer or a mac. That’s why I wanted to know if this will be allowed
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lolokay123)
Well it’s the only computer I have, it used to be my brothers and i’d rather not have to go out and buy another computer or a mac. That’s why I wanted to know if this will be allowed
Yes, why wouldn't it be? Literally every university would allow this including the one I'm at. Currently typing from my desktop/gaming pc.

The only factor you need to worry about is whether you can fit all your peripherals and have enough moving space within your room once the PC is there.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I bought a PC to halls. I also don't have a laptop, I handwrite my notes if I do go to in-person lectures. (doing maths) The desks in halls are definitely big enough for single-monitor setups. The Rootes desk was massive and would have easily fit 2 or 3 monitors.

Erred on bringing my second monitor but my desk in my house this year probably wouldn't fit it.
utsav03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah you're allowed to bring a PC, but I would suggest getting a laptop as well so you can take it to lectures and other study spaces.
Zealous Student
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I brought my PC and 2 monitors into Westwood this year.
ChampionLion118
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lolokay123)
Going to study at Warwick in september! I’ll be staying in halls and was wondering if bringing a desktop/gaming PC is allowed in accommodation?
Yes, it is allowed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.65%
Uncertainty around my education (59)
11.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (61)
11.89%
Lack of purpose or motivation (67)
13.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.46%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (23)
4.48%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (54)
10.53%
Financial worries (31)
6.04%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.24%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (51)
9.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (43)
8.38%

Watched Threads