vm45
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i am in year 12 and im starting to look at university courses in computer science, but i cant see any information about accreditations and which are more favoured amongst others?
zcacmxi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://discoveruni.gov.uk/ shows the accreditations for each course. Mostly for Comp Sc. they are BCS academic requirment for Chartered IT Professional or Chartered Engineer.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 4 weeks ago
No one cares about that in the private sector tbh. Might matter if you’re going into academia - not sure.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 4 weeks ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The relevant professional body that would accredit courses is the BCS I think, however my impression was it's not as important for CS compared to e.g. engineering. I don't think it's anything to lose sleep over, but if you want to be sure check the profiles of people working as developers/other computing professionals in various companies on the company pages or LinkedIn and see if they have some kind of chartered status. It might be more important for some parts of the field than others

shadowdweller might be able to advise more, or correct me if I am wrong?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads