The Student Room Group

GCSE Results to do BTEC Level 2 Health and Social Care

Hello,
I am applying to college to do BTEC Level 2 health and Social care. I haven't got many GCSE'S due to being in hospital but I have Functional Skills level 2 English- equivalent to a C grade GCSE, GCSE Maths level 2 and Science level 3. I have just finished my GCSE English language and I am predicted a 5 or 6. I am also doing my level 1 functional skills in the next few weeks and I am willing to do my maths GCSE whilst at college.

I'm just wondering will me having a high grade in English help me to do level 2 as I really don't want to do level 1 as I have done health and social care informally at level 2.

Please can anyone give me advice.
Thank You
Hey, I have just completed my Level 2 HSC in Btec. I was in a similar situation to you last year as i was previously in hospital before my level 2. My college was aware of my circumstances and was very supportive and still are... It is not always about what grades you have to meet the criteria. With the functional grades you should be fine, if i was you i would contact the college and express your worries. Even if you don't meet say a maths gcse etc, you can still do that again in college.
Original post by angel.jayde2021
Hey, I have just completed my Level 2 HSC in Btec. I was in a similar situation to you last year as i was previously in hospital before my level 2. My college was aware of my circumstances and was very supportive and still are... It is not always about what grades you have to meet the criteria. With the functional grades you should be fine, if i was you i would contact the college and express your worries. Even if you don't meet say a maths gcse etc, you can still do that again in college.

Thank you that's reassuring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending