Megan Turmaine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,
I am applying to college to do BTEC Level 2 health and Social care. I haven't got many GCSE'S due to being in hospital but I have Functional Skills level 2 English- equivalent to a C grade GCSE, GCSE Maths level 2 and Science level 3. I have just finished my GCSE English language and I am predicted a 5 or 6. I am also doing my level 1 functional skills in the next few weeks and I am willing to do my maths GCSE whilst at college.

I'm just wondering will me having a high grade in English help me to do level 2 as I really don't want to do level 1 as I have done health and social care informally at level 2.

Please can anyone give me advice.
Thank You
angel.jayde2021
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I have just completed my Level 2 HSC in Btec. I was in a similar situation to you last year as i was previously in hospital before my level 2. My college was aware of my circumstances and was very supportive and still are... It is not always about what grades you have to meet the criteria. With the functional grades you should be fine, if i was you i would contact the college and express your worries. Even if you don't meet say a maths gcse etc, you can still do that again in college.
Megan Turmaine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by angel.jayde2021)
Hey, I have just completed my Level 2 HSC in Btec. I was in a similar situation to you last year as i was previously in hospital before my level 2. My college was aware of my circumstances and was very supportive and still are... It is not always about what grades you have to meet the criteria. With the functional grades you should be fine, if i was you i would contact the college and express your worries. Even if you don't meet say a maths gcse etc, you can still do that again in college.
Thank you that's reassuring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads