The Student Room Group

Weird driving instructor

Since is started my driving lessons last year, my driving instructor started of saying that he was a like my friend that was teaching me to drive. He used to give my high fives and stuff when I did things well, which I think is appropriate and normal. Also even after a few lessons he said how great I was and how he looks forward to teaching me the most.. However since booking my test a couple of weeks ago, things have got a bit weird. He always calls me sweetheart and darling and I feel that he does unnecessary physical contact. Like at the start of one of the lessons I walked up to the car, he put his hand on my stomach and said I had a nice flat stomach ( yes I was wearing a short top but it was perfectly appropriate and it was 26 degrees). When we got in the car he said I smelt nice. When we started driving he asked me what I had done to my hair said it looked nice. During the lesson he touched my thigh about 6 times. In another lesson we continued to tough my thigh and rub my arm. When we had parked up he rubbed my arm a couple of times and kept holding my arm for like 20 seconds. Another time I had both my hands resting on my thigh when he was talking to me and then we reached over and out his hand over mine and squeezed them and was like proper looking into my eyes. Every week he say that I’ve got a bit off fluff on me and he asks me if I want him to get it off. Normally it’s on my head so I just say yes think nothing of it. Then he’ll say “now your perfect”. This has sort of escalated since I booked my test last week.

Another thing. He said that we don’t have to wear masks when we are driving. But I’m pretty sure it’s a legal requirement to wear masks? When I’ve seen him driving around he always has a mask on. It’s a bit weird. He also talks about sex quite a bit. Like today he told me that I was speeding and then made a joke about going to prison and then he said that prison would be great because you get free food and sex when you want it

He always says as well that I look like I’m 14 and that when I go to uni all the boys will be all over me.
It’s weird because a girl in my class this year has the same instructor as me and I used to talk to her about him and some of the stuff he said to me and she had no idea what I was on about. Like he used to tell me how his wife has an affair and left him and told me about his pets almost like he was trying to be my friend. I told her this and she had no idea what I was on about because he had never told her this stuff

Last week he sent me a text. So my lesson was supposed to be at 11. He arrived at my house as 10:35 and came from his last lesson. He turned up in his manual car and I drive an auto. What he normally does is he drives back home after his last lesson and changes cars and then drive and picks me up for his lesson and this has normally been done in time. At 10:35 he texted me to say he was outside so I went out just thinking he was early. He said could he pick me up now and we could drive to his house now and change cars. I was already in the car so I just said yes. So we drove to his house, changed cars and the lesson started. The thing is though, his house is about 7 minutes from mine so he could have changed cars and still got to me on time. It has never been a problem before

sorry about essay, I just really need people’s opinion because I’ve got a lesson on Tuesday and I’m not sure what to do
Honestly, in my opinion DO NOT have another lesson with that man. From what you have said, he is inappropriately touching you and making inappropriate remarks which should just not be happening for legal and moral reasons. I would not want it to escalate for you so I would look for a new instructor. Driving is important but your safety and well-being is your number 1 priority. Please be safe!
This is VERY inappropriate. I would be keeping lessons to a minimum and cutting off all contact with this man as soon as you have your test (I'm assuming you will be using his car for the test?). Probably best to tell your parents about this behaviour too.
Original post by Anonymous
Since is started my driving lessons last year, my driving instructor started of saying that he was a like my friend that was teaching me to drive. He used to give my high fives and stuff when I did things well, which I think is appropriate and normal. Also even after a few lessons he said how great I was and how he looks forward to teaching me the most.. However since booking my test a couple of weeks ago, things have got a bit weird. He always calls me sweetheart and darling and I feel that he does unnecessary physical contact. Like at the start of one of the lessons I walked up to the car, he put his hand on my stomach and said I had a nice flat stomach ( yes I was wearing a short top but it was perfectly appropriate and it was 26 degrees). When we got in the car he said I smelt nice. When we started driving he asked me what I had done to my hair said it looked nice. During the lesson he touched my thigh about 6 times. In another lesson we continued to tough my thigh and rub my arm. When we had parked up he rubbed my arm a couple of times and kept holding my arm for like 20 seconds. Another time I had both my hands resting on my thigh when he was talking to me and then we reached over and out his hand over mine and squeezed them and was like proper looking into my eyes. Every week he say that I’ve got a bit off fluff on me and he asks me if I want him to get it off. Normally it’s on my head so I just say yes think nothing of it. Then he’ll say “now your perfect”. This has sort of escalated since I booked my test last week.

Another thing. He said that we don’t have to wear masks when we are driving. But I’m pretty sure it’s a legal requirement to wear masks? When I’ve seen him driving around he always has a mask on. It’s a bit weird. He also talks about sex quite a bit. Like today he told me that I was speeding and then made a joke about going to prison and then he said that prison would be great because you get free food and sex when you want it

He always says as well that I look like I’m 14 and that when I go to uni all the boys will be all over me.
It’s weird because a girl in my class this year has the same instructor as me and I used to talk to her about him and some of the stuff he said to me and she had no idea what I was on about. Like he used to tell me how his wife has an affair and left him and told me about his pets almost like he was trying to be my friend. I told her this and she had no idea what I was on about because he had never told her this stuff

Last week he sent me a text. So my lesson was supposed to be at 11. He arrived at my house as 10:35 and came from his last lesson. He turned up in his manual car and I drive an auto. What he normally does is he drives back home after his last lesson and changes cars and then drive and picks me up for his lesson and this has normally been done in time. At 10:35 he texted me to say he was outside so I went out just thinking he was early. He said could he pick me up now and we could drive to his house now and change cars. I was already in the car so I just said yes. So we drove to his house, changed cars and the lesson started. The thing is though, his house is about 7 minutes from mine so he could have changed cars and still got to me on time. It has never been a problem before

sorry about essay, I just really need people’s opinion because I’ve got a lesson on Tuesday and I’m not sure what to do

Horrendously inappropriate behaviour on their part.

End lessons with them and report them to the DVSA as per the info on this page:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-a-driving-instructor
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Horrendously inappropriate behaviour on their part.

End lessons with them and report them to the DVSA as per the info on this page:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-a-driving-instructor

This

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending