Genuinely have no one to talk to or hang out with legit zero friends

By the time I finish education and get a permanent job I'll be 27

I don't know how I got this rubbish and feel I'm gonna die alone
skinny btch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Getting help with your anxiety is the first start.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do what? :confused:
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You're so young with your whole life ahead of you! What is with the negativity?

I was in education until I was 25, I didn't learn to drive until I was 23 (my Mum learnt to drive at 48) and I have just started going to the gym again at 30.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Do what? :confused:
Idk

- look good
- eat good
- have a social life
- have a career
- have a close friend
- own and drive a car
- not take 4 years longer on education
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean nothing wrong with anything you said , you are still on a journey to something, not aimless.
Anonymous #1
At 15 - work experience at an engineering company, played for school and county teams
At 16 - when on youth programme, did lots of volunteering and playing sports
At 17 - failed my alevels cdee but got a science research programme, tried going to the gym alone
At 18 - tried again on my alevels at another school got aabb but missed my uni choices and had to go through clearing, I worked on youth programmes then to save up for driving lessons
At 19 - I started uni, driving lessons and tried gym again, played for sports teams, joined lots of societies
At 20, 21, 22 - I had 10 different roles at uni, took part in elections, did a lot of achievements, travelled to 10 different countries alone, failed one year due to mental health (basically all my good did nothing for me I was still sad and lonely) and repeated it, got a 2.1
At 23 graduated but couldn't get a job at all in engineering, a year passed of me trying very hard,
At 24 I started a masters out of panic, then pandemic, then suspended studies due to mental health
At 25 changed course to online part time, while I work 4 days on 4 days off 12 hours, I started gym again, I go gym 3 times a week, I study on my off days, I try to eat well, but I struggle to cope and manage. I try my best I always tried my best. I just feel like a failure,
Anonymous #1
(Original post by skinny btch)
Getting help with your anxiety is the first start.
I am actually a very confident person, I can go up to anyone and talk about anything, it's just when I realise things are one sided I move on, people find my very positive and enthusiastic, they assume my character would have lots of friends but in reality I have zero.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Hard work and effort.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Hard work and effort.
I work hard now.

When I was working my hardest nothing good came my way, which was very discouraging.
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
At 15 - work experience at an engineering company, played for school and county teams
At 16 - when on youth programme, did lots of volunteering and playing sports
At 17 - failed my alevels cdee but got a science research programme, tried going to the gym alone
At 18 - tried again on my alevels at another school got aabb but missed my uni choices and had to go through clearing, I worked on youth programmes then to save up for driving lessons
At 19 - I started uni, driving lessons and tried gym again, played for sports teams, joined lots of societies
At 20, 21, 22 - I had 10 different roles at uni, took part in elections, did a lot of achievements, travelled to 10 different countries alone, failed one year due to mental health (basically all my good did nothing for me I was still sad and lonely) and repeated it, got a 2.1
At 23 graduated but couldn't get a job at all in engineering, a year passed of me trying very hard,
At 24 I started a masters out of panic, then pandemic, then suspended studies due to mental health
At 25 changed course to online part time, while I work 4 days on 4 days off 12 hours, I started gym again, I go gym 3 times a week, I study on my off days, I try to eat well, but I struggle to cope and manage. I try my best I always tried my best. I just feel like a failure,
None of that sounds that bad. You’ve already gotten a 2:1. With some work experience, focus and determination you can easily get an entry-level job in the field that you want. If what you’re currently doing isn’t working then move on and do something else.
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
I work hard now.

When I was working my hardest nothing good came my way, which was very discouraging.
You've also gotta be smart about it and use your brain. The internet will be your best friend, if you know where to look. It's not TSR btw.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
You've also gotta be smart about it and use your brain. The internet will be your best friend, if you know where to look. It's not TSR btw.
All I've learnt is the world is run by politics, these companies only wanna help friends and families, its who you know not what you know. If you are not white and from a low status then you have to be extremely smart offering a company a lot of value for them to consider you. I'm not a genius but I have integrity, energy and resilience to offer. Unfortunately my experiences are now over 3 years old and becoming outdated my last job interview was going well until they asked me why haven't I landed a job within 2 years of graduating.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RedGiant)
None of that sounds that bad. You’ve already gotten a 2:1. With some work experience, focus and determination you can easily get an entry-level job in the field that you want. If what you’re currently doing isn’t working then move on and do something else.
I've been applying to entry level jobs for 2 years and no luck, I don't mind the journey as long as its positive along the way, its the weekend and people are meeting up and enjoying themselves and I have nothing
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
All I've learnt is the world is run by politics, these companies only wanna help friends and families, its who you know not what you know. If you are not white and from a low status then you have to be extremely smart offering a company a lot of value for them to consider you. I'm not a genius but I have integrity, energy and resilience to offer. Unfortunately my experiences are now over 3 years old and becoming outdated my last job interview was going well until they asked me why haven't I landed a job within 2 years of graduating.
I'm not white. I figured out early on how to play the game and avoid the unemployment trap. No sympathies for you. Nothing personal, just business. Welcome to the real world.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Justaboutalive)
I mean nothing wrong with anything you said , you are still on a journey to something, not aimless.
It's a bad journey when you have no one to share any of the good with, or support you with the bad, I don't watch TV, I stay away from social media but I can't escape the fact I don't have friends and people out there younger than me who have things sorted and are happy even if they fake it on the outside, idc being unhappy on the front and inside is bad
Anonymous #1
I'm not white. I figured out early on how to play the game and avoid the unemployment trap. No sympathies for you. Nothing personal, just business. Welcome to the real world.
You don't even wanna be helpful, I am just having my weekly breakdown, where sometimes I ask people what's wrong with me why no one likes me how can I improve and seems people enjoy seeing me in this bad state.

My family never gave me advice, my teachers gave me bad advice, I research a lot and I've tried different ideas and nothing seems to work for me.

Every job I got is from finding the post myself and applying for it then getting past the stages, no one has ever actually helped me, every thing I have paid for myself, earnt myself, studied by myself, I've done everything on my own because no one wants to help me or cares.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
You need to pace yourself. You've got another 50 years until state retirement age with a requirement to pay 35 years in NI credits towards it. So you are at the start of your journey.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I'm 25

Still in education

Still learning to drive

Only now started gym

Genuinely have no one to talk to or hang out with legit zero friends

By the time I finish education and get a permanent job I'll be 27

I don't know how I got this rubbish and feel I'm gonna die alone
UHH SO WHAT GIRL ?! I read this quote that said in two years time youll still be 27 regardless if you do your education or not. Int terms of driving its not a huge deal trust me. Your timing with everything is perfect. I failed 3 times but i kept going because of my mums support. I had severe anxiety and if i can do it so can you. I also have no friends at all. Im a bit younger than you im 21. But 27 is still young
username4521132
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i agree you're in your prime
be out living your life, building a career, learning to drive what have you
not doing some course which is making you miserable. why even is more education needed? you didn't achieve what you wanted first time around. how do you know it will work out this time. i think if you try and crack on 4x12 + course youll burn out eventually probably sooner than you think and have to quit the job or course or both.
Last edited by username4521132; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (54)
29.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.15%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
54.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.61%

Watched Threads