Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had a work event booked for next weekend which has now been cancelled. I asked my friends to come along to support me and they all said no they couldn't make it or it would be too awkward for them. A few weeks after I'd asked them they organised a day/night out for the same day of the event. Of course I felt disappointed.

The work event has now been postponed due to covid regulations, and I no longer have plans next weekend. Not one of my friends have invited me to their day/night out, knowing that I no longer have any plans. They are all planning it in the group chat, and I've never felt more left out. It's like they forget I'm in the chat.

I don't know whether I should say something so they invite me or stand my ground. Because at the end of the day they all made plans on the day of my work event, and they now know its cancelled, and not one of them has considered to invite me
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can ask them if they have plans indirectly? Or just say you wanna hang out
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless they have booked anything where they can't change the numbers, ask for the details and say you can now go out with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30.28%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.17%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
54.13%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads