AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

I can't find this information anywhere.

I studied 1 year at Bristol, and 3 years at Bristol. I received Tuition Fee Loans and Maintenance Loans for all 4 years in total.

I want to study a PGCE/Teacher Training course this September. I will not apply for a Maintenance Loan, but can I still apply for a Tuition Fee Loan? Or is 4 years the maximum amount of Tuition Fee Loans I can receive?

Thanks!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
PGCE funding is independent of previous study. You could have 10 years of undergraduate study and still get PGCE funding.

Why wouldn’t you apply for a maintenance loan? If you’re expecting to be a teacher then you’re unlikely to repay your loans - so the size of your loans won’t affect the amount you repay.
Last edited by PQ; 1 month ago
AnharM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
PGCE funding is independent of previous study. You could have 10 years of undergraduate study and still get PGCE funding.

Why wouldn’t you apply for a maintenance loan? If you’re expecting to be a teacher then you’re unlikely to repay your loans - so the size of your loans won’t affect the amount you repay.
Do you think I should go back and ask for a maintenance loan?

It's because I'll be recieving a bursary/scholarship of £24,000/£26,000 because I'll be teaching Mathematics in secondary schools, so I figured I didn't need it. I'm not a massive spender either.

I could perhaps take the loan and use it in case of a rainy day I guess.
fatemah_hayyat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!How does the bursary process work? Do you have to apply to receive the bursary or...? I'm looking to go into teaching and any additional info would be great !Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads