My boyfriend talks about anime girls alot

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My boyfriend watches a lot of anime so he always talk about how sexy the anime girls are to me and how i should be like them he says it doesn't count as cheating because they're not real but I still feel upset by this. He even sends me like pictures of the anime girls which are sometimes naked or very inappropriate and I keep saying I don't like it but he keeps sending them.

I try to talk to him about it but he keeps bringing up boys who are my friends that I talk about and how i always talk about them but I don't even talk about them that much. I still continue but he tried putting it off. He even talks about my old crush in my school but I say that I don't even like him anymore but he still talks about it.

I don't know am I being too sensitive because I know they're not real but Idk it upsets me
CountBread
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ew.

Look, I'm an anime fan as well even though I don't enjoy hentai. I understand that's a preference, some people like it, some not.

But not to an extent that they talk about it to their gfs in this way. Anime girls don't even resemble real girls (nor are they meant to), they're odd in many ways. They're cool drawings but not like sexually attractive.

If he was talking to you about cosplayers who're usually in good shape, pretty, etc, I'd say still not ok but at least not a red flag or something to be worried about.

But this sounds like a huge red flag. Dude's a douche and a weirdo, how old r u guys?
Anonymous #1
I'm 16 and he's 17
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Should've left him the second you found out he watched anime. This is definitely not normal and if you've complained about it he should've stopped.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Should've left him the second you found out he watched anime. This is definitely not normal and if you've complained about it he should've stopped.
I didn't know but I watched anime too I just thought it wasn't gonna be like this much for him
CountBread
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Should've left him the second you found out he watched anime.
lol why...?
Last edited by CountBread; 1 month ago
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kovalensky)
lol why...?
just kidding lol but I feel like there are a good number of proper freaks who watch anime (as well as mostly regular people obviously).
Presslyyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s disgusting, leave him.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Im sorry but leave his ass, u told him multiple times that u arent comfortable with it and he didnt respect that

There isnt respect in this relationship, not from ur side but his, if he cant see how this is not okay with u and even bringing up stupid things from the past that have no correlation, hw might be manipulating u .

I feel like u gave him too many chances to quit this behaviour, if u want give him one nore but if he doesnt listen , stand YOUR GROUND , man up and realise he is a piece of **** .

Plus no surprise its an anime lover .
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Restecp . Do you even know what that spells ?
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dump his cartoon cheating arse.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
He's still a kid period.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
Restecp . Do you even know what that spells ?
...no?
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 month ago
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
...no?
Clearly you have never seen ali g in da house.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Learn about relationships and your boundaries when you are 16. If someone does something that makes you feel uncomfortable or affects your feelings of self worth, listen to your feelings and walk away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads