Reasonable time to be quiet

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I live in an house with 4 other occupants.
On 2 occasions i have had the one from below shouting up and then banging on my door.
He is arrogant and likes to alert others to his behaviour. Another knock on my door will change my actions also.
He says he has to be asleep at 8.30pm, so if i am watching tv at a low volume he cannot tolerate it. The last time he was banging on my door.
Everyone watches tv much later.
Another comment in public will change my reaction. I'm not being spoken about in that manner.
I bought some blue tooth headphones and he was pulling them to bits.
What time can i watch TV at a low level to?
There must be guidelines, Is 11pm acceptable. He will not change his attitude unless i change it for him.
What is reasonable?
What time can i listen to TV?
Thanks.
jenerous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cant you just watch whatever it is on another device with headphones on?
Or if its at a low level and they still have a problem with it without there being one, just deal with them directly.
cchloepx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d say usually 10pm is ‘quiet time’. Like, if you’re playing loud music after 10pm your neighbours can complain type thing.

If your housemate can’t sleep with tv at low volume but needs to be asleep for 8.30pm then it’s his problem to sort. Earbuds, noise cancelling sounds like fans, etc.
He could at least talk to you nicely instead of acting like a toddler.
Mr T 999
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does this guy have superhuman hearing? How can he hear sounds on low volume with headphones through the walls?!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even councils consider 11pm-7am reasonable hours for quiet time if you are making a noise complaint! However, what does your contract say?

How did your housemate get hold of your earphones to pull them apart? If I was you, I would be making him pay for a new pair, recording his next rant and contacting the landlord.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.22%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
57.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads