woak_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everybody,
I have a bachelor's in Applied Mathematics and Econometrics from a college in Ivory Coast (3.7/4.0 GPA). I got accepted today into the University of Montreal (MSc in Computational and Mathematical Finance, starting this Fall) and at the University of Rimouski in their MSc in Project Management.
Lately, I am interested in Investment Banking. I have no work experience related to that field. I read that to get into that industry the best way is to get a Master's degree from top-tier universities.
Should I accept the offer from Montreal, improve my GPA, gained 3+ years of experience, have a Level 2 CFA, then apply for a Master's in Finance at LBS (my dream school) or for an MBA at Stanford.
Or should do an MSc in project management, worked for 3+ years, and apply for a Master's in Finance at LBS to start a career in investment banking?
Is there anyone here that had an MSc in project management and works for an Investment Bank?
Thank you all for your reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.66%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.09%

Watched Threads