Can people with autism find love with anyone?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can people find love with typical people? Are more people accepting of people who are on some side of the autism spectrum
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
They can and I know people who have, but as an autistic guy myself I’ve been struggling. Just get made fun of, ghosted, blanked or used by most girls so I’ve lost hope
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
They can and I know people who have, but as an autistic guy myself I’ve been struggling. Just get made fun of, ghosted, blanked or used by most girls so I’ve lost hope
Oh I am sorry about that. I have autism as well. Don’t lose hope, I am sure you will find someone someday.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We live in a more accepting society and yes I'm sure there are autistic people who have found love.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
In my experience, no.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, my brother's GF is autistic.
They have bizarre relationship though, my brother has taken on all of her idiosyncrasies. She doesn't come across as being stereotypically autistic (what ever that means).
When talking to her the main difference you would notice is that she will freely tell you personal information that other people would generally be too embarrassed to share.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
They have bizarre relationship though, my brother has taken on all of her idiosyncrasies. She doesn't come across as being stereotypically autistic (what ever that means).
When talking to her the main difference you would notice is that she will freely tell you personal information that other people would generally be too embarrassed to share.
Ah I see. I am not the only person with autism in my family. I also have a cousin who is autistic but he struggles socially while I tend to be very good at socializing. He’s a smart teen but very socially awkward, doesn’t pick up on social cues. We are almost positive he has asbergers. He was diagnosed but we never asked what part of the autism spectrum is he on. He would tell us information that no one knew about or cared about, he is unable to see that people are uninterested in what he’s currently talking about. He would ramble on talking about something while following my aunt aka his mom or my mom. He seemed to like talking to adults more than people who were around his age. He’s like two year younger than me. I am 20 and he will be 18 very soon.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
I know people who are like that as well.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can people find love with typical people? Are more people accepting of people who are on some side of the autism spectrum
Yes, I know a few people with this diagnosis who are married and have families; one of them is the headmaster of a school.
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
achieve526kk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
either neurotypical or neurodiverse we are all human
Anonymous #1
Also people who have a minor learning disorder
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
More fool them tbh
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was in a relationship with an autistic girl for about a year. It eventually stopped working for us but nothing lasts forever.
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They sure can.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It seems to be much easier for autistic women but I am sure autistic men have a chance too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
15.63%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (60)
31.25%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (23)
11.98%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.73%
I think it's an unfair expectation (49)
25.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.56%

Watched Threads