Isaac Carrasco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I´m an economics student from Mexico and I want to apply for MSc in LSE, i have A´s in:

Math III (integral calculus)
Math IV (differential equations)
Statistics I & II
Econometrics I, II, III
Microeconomics I, II, and III
Macroeconomics
among others but as far as i´m concerned they only care about those topics
i´m a first class (9 out of 10)

the thing is.....
i had a bad first year because my job was so hard, (i worked in a factory, developing country lol)
so i got a D in Math I (linear algebra) and a C in Math II (differential calculus).

do i still have a chance of being accepted?
Last edited by Isaac Carrasco; 1 month ago
kwtkwsk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry, are these grades from your Bachelor's degree? Perhaps check the requirement for your country at LSE website and check if your grades fulfill the minimum requirements. But for me, they seems good, but LSE is a very competitive univeristy and grades are not enough to get admitted, you also need to show your genuine interest, be sure of your career plan and have some experience in economics.
Isaac Carrasco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by kwtkwsk)
Sorry, are these grades from your Bachelor's degree? Perhaps check the requirement for your country at LSE website and check if your grades fulfill the minimum requirements. But for me, they seems good, but LSE is a very competitive univeristy and grades are not enough to get admitted, you also need to show your genuine interest, be sure of your career plan and have some experience in economics.
Yes, i have straight A´s in those topics, my question was about my C and D in the very first year, idk, maybe my very good grades in econometrics and statistics can offset that first year. of course i have A´s in other subjects, i´m a first class (9/10 in mexico).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (37)
28.68%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.53%
No I am happy with my choice (72)
55.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.98%

Watched Threads