Is it likely I'll get a grade 5 for maths?

Watch
Alfred123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my school did 3 sets of assessments/mocks in Year 11 during November, March & May. And in that period, my maths results remained somewhat constant, like grade 5 material, and during May assessments, my maths score dropped from 122 to 82. And the maths department were also aware other students knew the papers and were cheating so they decided to make this May Assessment the primary evidence for our Teacher Grades.
So at the moment, I'm feeling anxious because I know if people didn't cheat then grade boundaries will be low, considering we had lockdown during Year 11 but now it's likely it'll be higher and perhaps over 82 which is what I got.
I do Edexcel Higher Maths and looking at previous grade boundaries, I would achieve a grade 5 (https://mail.mathsbot.com/gcse/boundaries). So am I just exaggerating for no reasons or should I be worried about the fact I might not achieve this grade? I always work hard, do every homework and always show good punctuality but the fact they said they'd make this specific assessment as primary evidence is concerning
Last edited by Alfred123; 1 month ago
L Addison
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At my school, we were advised that attendance, attitude & participation would be taken into account, particularly as cheating was so common. Teachers also have a degree of choice in which evidence they choose, and will want to provide as strong a possible case for a good grade, especially as more results at at least grade 5 will improve their league table ranking.

Overall, I wouldn't be overly worried, it sounds like you have a very strong case for a grade 5 ( and if you didn't get it may be able to successfully appeal).
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
teachers should be taking other evidence into account even if the one test turns out to be the primary evidence so i wouldn't worry about it really. we can't really say whether you'll definitely get a 5 as we don't know how the teachers'll calculate your grade but worrying won't change the situation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads