Summer_08
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Is textiles hard to do for your gcse and is it stressful to do?
sabrina03x
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
I didn't do it personally, but the one thing my friends found difficult was it is harder to get the higher grades as you don't really get to do the work you want but rather what the teacher thinks would get you a higher grade which can be demotivating. It is quite similar to taking Art GCSE and I considered it at first but personally I'm not creative so I knew it was 100% not for me lmaoo. The exams are probably a positive though as it gives you less written exams. It just depends what sort of person you are
Louise_f121
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Summer_08)
Whilst I took art for my GCSE, the layout of coursework is somewhat similar. There is obviously the benefit of no written exams but I also found it very time consuming as there is a lot of coursework (artist research pages, detail work, pictures etc) to complete. So whilst there is no revision, it is quite a full own subject but I really enjoyed Art and my sister is enjoying Textiles. I think if you enjoy the subject, then the work will be fun to do. Hope this helps
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
There is no Textiles GCSE, your certificate will say Art, it's just that you'll do Art using the medium of textiles - so anything people say about Art is applicable.
GECHdesigns
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Summer_08)
It is not stressful if you research and follow the exam board criteria and like hanging out in the textiles room after school or in your lunch break and work on your project slowly but progressively.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads