Are You At The Point You Thought You’d Be 5 Years Ago?

Watch
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey Guys;

Random thought (my mind can’t seem to stop going down weird thoughts today 🤦*♂️) but are you where you thought you’d be 5 years ago?

Personally myself, no. I wanted to be a teacher 5 years ago and so started my PGCE Secondary Science (Biology) course in 2018, I quit the course when I hit Easter. 😐

I am now an associate practitioner working for the NHS (my degree is in Biomedical Science) and I hope in a few months to apply for a trainee BMS position once I get a few more months experience under my belt. 🙂
Last edited by Scienceisgood; 1 month ago
neal95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looking back, its taken a bit longer for me to find an established career, but because it is booming and the progression is very quick, it will not take me long at all to catch up with and exceed many people. I NEVER would have thought I would end up working in Tech or anything like that, not being especially numerate or anything, and studying a "wordy degree" in Law.

However, I am really happy with the outcome and think that I have ended up on a different path that has exceeded my expectations and set me up very well for whatever the future holds.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn't really have any particular expectations for myself when I was 11/12 for now. I don't think so at least
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely not
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In terms of credit card debt, finances and useful contacts my position is a lot better than I would have ever expected five years ago.
Still plenty of room for improvement. :daydreaming:
Hellllpppp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
5 years ago I wanted to be a interior designer. I was in year 8 and had only done about 5 weeks of chemistry in my life. Now I have an offer to do a Natural Sciences degree and plan to focus mainly on chemistry.
lucyyy12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no, I had no idea what I wanted to do five years ago.
I never thought I’d end up at university because I didn’t think I had the brains for it ahah. I just wanted to get through school and see what happened.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes finally
thonks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
expectations weren't particularly high yet i still didn't achieve it
ReviseSleeping
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
5 years ago I was 12. I didn't have a clue where I wanted to be or what I wanted to do. However, I am happy with the path I am on now.
SLS123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
5 years ago I finished my A levels. I didn't want to go straight to university as I wanted to travel (and also my grades were poor due to a personal circumstance which meant had I gone I would've had to compromise on my university choice anyway).

I always told myself I would get to my dream university one day and I'm still in shock that I got an offer from them to start this September!

Yes it has took me to the age of 23 to begin my degree, but I have had the most rewarding and incredible time out to really focus on myself and travel the world.

I know my 18 year old self would be proud of where I am now🥰
Wally2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think so yeah
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hmm kinda yeah. theres slight room for improvement but i have hit a lot of the targets that i set for myself.
4D Chess
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I was 14 I was very lonely and just wanted to have like some sort of friendship group or something like that. Nothing much has changed since then but I have a few people to talk to at my uni accommodation from time to time. idk I like talking so it feels frustrating currently, going through a lot of days having spoken to literally no one outside of tsr :bebored:
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In some ways no, but in most ways yes.

Hard work and self belief will never fail.
Last edited by Qxi.xli; 1 month ago
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean, I never expected to have mental health issues. Also thought I'd be 85-90kg, but I'm 73kg.
Last edited by urlocalinmate; 1 month ago
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
I mean, I never expected to have mental health issues. Thought I'd be 85-90kg, but I'm 73kg.
What does the weight have to do with anything :confused:
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
What does the weight have to do with anything :confused:
Should've put 'also'.
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
Should've put 'also'.
Was being a certain weight a goal for you?:confused:
Not trying to be rude, I'm just confused.
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
Was being a certain weight a goal for you?:confused:
Not trying to be rude, I'm just confused.
No, I meant that I was very conscious of being borderline obese back then and used to predict how much I'd weigh once I've fully grown. I've always wanted to be slim and at a healthy weight, not quite there yet.but the closest I've ever been since my tonsilitis operation (known to cause weight gain somewhow) almost 12 years ago... Sorry, I confuse myself too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise