BEng in Mechanical Engineering difficulty level

Watch
ashish.145
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Indian student here planning to do BEng in Mechanical Engineering at Uni of Liverpool or Uni of Manchester. I would be living with my family during the course and I am aware that the course is really intensive, but I wanna do part time jobs to maintain my budget. It would be possible right? How hard would it be..?
Last edited by ashish.145; 1 month ago
MancFr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I just finished my BEng in Mechanical Engineering and Management. I did not have a job whilst studying, but many of my friends did. The course is demanding but it is possible to maintain a balanced lifestyle if you are organized. 3rd year was a bit more chaotic but the workload really depends on the weeks. Some weeks I could be pulling all-nighters in the library and some weeks I could be binge-watching on Netflix. Therefore, if I could recommend one thing it would be to get a job where you can adapt your schedule.

Hope this helps.
ashish.145
Rep:
?
(Original post by MancFr)
Hi,

I just finished my BEng in Mechanical Engineering and Management. I did not have a job whilst studying, but many of my friends did. The course is demanding but it is possible to maintain a balanced lifestyle if you are organized. 3rd year was a bit more chaotic but the workload really depends on the weeks. Some weeks I could be pulling all-nighters in the library and some weeks I could be binge-watching on Netflix. Therefore, if I could recommend one thing it would be to get a job where you can adapt your schedule.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply man..I guess I will have to try it out myself.
Since u have passed out from the same course, I just wanna ask you about the job availability. If u pass out with good enough marks and is ready to put in your efforts, u will land a job soon right? How does international students fare in getting work at a company which can sponsor them?
MancFr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashish.145)
Thanks for the reply man..I guess I will have to try it out myself.
Since u have passed out from the same course, I just wanna ask you about the job availability. If u pass out with good enough marks and is ready to put in your efforts, u will land a job soon right? How does international students fare in getting work at a company which can sponsor them?
So I am going to graduate this year with hopefully either a First or a high 2:1 and next year I might be going to Cambridge (if I get a first) so I did not apply for a job this year. However, a lot of my friends got placements in big companies such as BAE Systems. Also, most students continue onto the MEng which is an amazing opportunity offered by Manchester. Sorry, I can't give you a specific answer for the job opportunity but all I can say is that companies really love students with engineering degrees and Manchester is highly recognized for engineering.
ashish.145
Rep:
?
(Original post by MancFr)
So I am going to graduate this year with hopefully either a First or a high 2:1 and next year I might be going to Cambridge (if I get a first) so I did not apply for a job this year. However, a lot of my friends got placements in big companies such as BAE Systems. Also, most students continue onto the MEng which is an amazing opportunity offered by Manchester. Sorry, I can't give you a specific answer for the job opportunity but all I can say is that companies really love students with engineering degrees and Manchester is highly recognized for engineering.
U know anything about liverpool?Uni of Liverpool has almost 20+ ranking in mechanical engineering in most of the international lists. It ain't that far away from Manchester right?
MancFr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashish.145)
U know anything about liverpool?Uni of Liverpool has almost 20+ ranking in mechanical engineering in most of the international lists. It ain't that far away from Manchester right?
Sorry, I don't know much about Liverpool all I know is that Manchester is btw 3rd and 5th for Mechanical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
23.91%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (28)
60.87%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads