has anyone permanently curled their hair?

Watch
Ciel_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have A1 straight hair type and Im thinking curly hair would look far better? When my mum was my age she permanently curled hers (same hair type) but then it never went back to normal straight hair it just stayed wavy - does this always happen??
CharityCross219
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeh that’s pretty normal. I have the opposite of you of having curly hair and then permanently relaxing it straight. These permanent treatments are chemicals that will permanently change the structure of your hair. I relaxed my hair when I was 10. 7 years later it’s not the same and I’m still trying to get it back to it’s natural curls.
If you’re okay with the idea of possibly never having your hair the way it is now then sure it’s your choice but just know it’s a possible.
Ciel_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CharityCross219)
Yeh that’s pretty normal. I have the opposite of you of having curly hair and then permanently relaxing it straight. These permanent treatments are chemicals that will permanently change the structure of your hair. I relaxed my hair when I was 10. 7 years later it’s not the same and I’m still trying to get it back to it’s natural curls.
If you’re okay with the idea of possibly never having your hair the way it is now then sure it’s your choice but just know it’s a possible.
oh damn thank you for letting me know! isnt that quite odd though since it cant possibly change our DNA and new hair strands should come how they used to. But yeah ty for letting me know I definitely wont go through with it
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hmm I think you can straightend your curly hair if you have a natural curly hair then you can do it ...
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel_)
I have A1 straight hair type and Im thinking curly hair would look far better? When my mum was my age she permanently curled hers (same hair type) but then it never went back to normal straight hair it just stayed wavy - does this always happen??
Your username looks very familiar. :holmes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed