Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know it isnt true but it feels like everyone out there is "living life" whilst im just wasting it - it wasnt in my control, ive practically been in quarantine since june 2019, I was 16 back then and just about to be 18. When I could I used to do various things I liked like getting involved in theatre work etc but never to the fullest since financial situation wasnt great and I was always waiting to be 16 so I could start working and exploring the world etc. but obviously when I turned 16 I couldnt do anything. anyway im 18 soon and think ill get control over life again so like is it too late to have a "fun life" or a "worthwile youth". idk, im aware were only young for a short time but have I really missed out on that much in 2 years?
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
People's teenage years are rarely as fun and exciting as they're made out to be and most people have better years of their youth once they become adults. You've got a lot ahead of you, as do we all now that we're finally allowed to live our lives again. I understand that it's frustrating to lose time to the pandemic, but we just have to make the most of what we can and ignore what we can't change.
M-2345638393838
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel the same way as you, I am 18 and will turn 19 in couple of months ( 2 months ) and I am scared as hell about this. You’re not alone… I will definitely wait for the advises and comments on your thread, I am interested in this topic.
Last edited by M-2345638393838; 1 month ago
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does it matter if it was 'wasted' or not? I assume you were in no control of your financial situation, and the past two years of everyones lives were boring. Its not like you can change the past anyways but you can choose what you do with your time going forward.. you can either spend it worrying or you can go get started on your list of things you wanted to do.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Foxehh)
What does it matter if it was 'wasted' or not? I assume you were in no control of your financial situation, and the past two years of everyones lives were boring. Its not like you can change the past anyways but you can choose what you do with your time going forward.. you can either spend it worrying or you can go get started on your list of things you wanted to do.
youre right, im going to make a big list of things I wanna do places I wanna explore and make it feasible somehow. thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OctoberRain7)
People's teenage years are rarely as fun and exciting as they're made out to be and most people have better years of their youth once they become adults. You've got a lot ahead of you, as do we all now that we're finally allowed to live our lives again. I understand that it's frustrating to lose time to the pandemic, but we just have to make the most of what we can and ignore what we can't change.
youre right, I think the entire netflix teens and ig kids showing a great life really does brainwash the average person into thinking our lives aren't good at all
Anonymous #1
(Original post by M-2345638393838)
I feel the same way as you, I am 18 and will turn 19 in couple of months ( 2 months ) and I am scared as hell about this. You’re not alone… I will definitely wait for the advises and comments on your thread, I am interested in this topic.
I was thinking of doing a big list of fun things/places to explore around the UK or just general stuff to try out in life. Do you wanna make it together?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads