zarahh09
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Currently, I am in Year 12 and I am doing A level psychology. My mocks are coming up and I was wondering whether I will do AS or A-level mock papers of everything we learnt so far including memory, attachment, psychopathology and some research methods
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably AS
zarahh09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Probably AS
Even if it says A-level course?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
Even if it says A-level course?
AS just covers the first half of the A level course so makes sense to do at the end of Year 12
zarahh09
Rep:
?
AS just covers the first half of the A level course so makes sense to do at the end of Year 12
AS paper 1 only has memory, attachment, and social influence
Paper 2 approaches which we haven't done, psychopathology and research methods.

Would it mostly likely be 2019 or 2020?

Would like to put the two together?
Last edited by zarahh09; 1 month ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I really don’t see how it matters. Just do as many past paper questions that you can and revise all the content you have learnt. Your teachers will not put a question with content that you have not learnt.
zarahh09
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I really don’t see how it matters. Just do as many past paper questions that you can and revise all the content you have learnt. Your teachers will not put a question with content that you have not learnt.
I want to do past papers and the questions on A-level paper a re longer and i want to time myself doing the paper, hence i asked the question
kylalee.x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Currently, I am in Year 12 and I am doing A level psychology. My mocks are coming up and I was wondering whether I will do AS or A-level mock papers of everything we learnt so far including memory, attachment, psychopathology and some research methods
We did an a level paper but you’ve only done AS topics so probably an AS paper? Why not just ask your teacher tho lol
zarahh09
Rep:
?
(Original post by kylalee.x)
We did an a level paper but you’ve only done AS topics so probably an AS paper? Why not just ask your teacher tho lol
Are you in y12 or 13?
A level paper 1 has all the topics we learnt this year

I tried emailing them and no one has replied and we are off timetable because of mocks so I cant ask them
kylalee.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you in y12 or 13?
A level paper 1 has all the topics we learnt this year

I tried emailing them and no one has replied and we are off timetable because of mocks so I cant ask them
Year 12 but we did biopsych and completed research methods - we are doing psychopathology & memory now
zarahh09
Rep:
?
Year 12 but we did biopsych and completed research methods - we are doing psychopathology & memory now
oh okay
zarahh09
Rep:
?
oh okay. Were you told if you were AS or A-level?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Would it mostly likely be 2019 or 2020?

AS exams make sense if you've covered the content of it, but if you haven't been doing AS in Y12 and the rest of the A level content in Y13 it makes less sense. They can pick what they like - a mix of questions from AS and/or A level papers form as many years as they want. I suggest you just revise and see what comes up
zarahh09
Rep:
?
AS exams make sense if you've covered the content of it, but if you haven't been doing AS in Y12 and the rest of the A level content in Y13 it makes less sense. They can pick what they like - a mix of questions from AS and/or A level papers form as many years as they want. I suggest you just revise and see what comes up
So we are most likely to be doing A-level?
kylalee.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh okay. Were you told if you were AS or A-level?
We were told a level, you might be doing an alevel paper with AS content tho because that includes 16 markers and that’s what a lot of schools do so just revise everything in varying time conditions
zarahh09
Rep:
?
We were told a level, you might be doing an alevel paper with AS content tho because that includes 16 markers and that’s what a lot of schools do so just revise everything in varying time conditions
yeh thats what I thought, the whole of a level paper 1 has all 4 topics we learnt so far
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads