jazzy1089
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, year 9 here, I've already submitted my GCSE options, but my school gives the opportunity to make a last minute change throughout your last term in year 9 (we chose options in early January, so quite a while ago). I was really sure about my options (drama, computer science and business) up until a couple of weeks ago, and now I think I would like to take geography. If I want to take geography, I have to drop one of my other options and I'm not sure which I should drop. I love computer science, so it's really between business and drama. Has anyone got any advice?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ask for advice
oswald伦
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
drop drama i think,business maybe more useful than drama
starinthenight
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drop business take geograpphy
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really enjoyed drama gcse, but didn’t take business. I know that quite a few of people found business boring in my year, but ofc it depends on the teaching. Drama does involve a lot of coursework/ work outside of school hours, whereas business is just exam based. I guess it depends how much you want to put into it as to what you will get out of it ) it might also be worth seeing if your school publish gcse results bc then you can see what the average grade is for each subject and see how well you might do.
_kvymnnn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really depends on what you enjoy, it's what you're more likely to do best in
beforeu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
business is generally more useful, it also has a lot of coursework.
drama is also a heck of a lot of analysis AND coursework.
whatever is more useful in getting a job is better i would say.
i do history, geography and drama : )
kas694
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
take pe
Milliewest2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jazzy1089)
Hi, year 9 here, I've already submitted my GCSE options, but my school gives the opportunity to make a last minute change throughout your last term in year 9 (we chose options in early January, so quite a while ago). I was really sure about my options (drama, computer science and business) up until a couple of weeks ago, and now I think I would like to take geography. If I want to take geography, I have to drop one of my other options and I'm not sure which I should drop. I love computer science, so it's really between business and drama. Has anyone got any advice?
I’ve done geography gcse and I found it really good, if you put the work in the it is quite “easy” to score highly in if you put in work throughout the course so yh lol and then with drama a lot of it is coursework or essays etc and the acting side of it I found quite specific so more difficult to express yourself !!! And I didn’t take business but from what I have heard from other people business gcse is very easy to grasp in the lessons so it is enjoyable because you understand, in my opinion drop drama unless it is something you want to do in the future at like a level x
ambersmith1809
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dropped gcse business for pe and was really glad I did as my peers said they really didn’t enjoy it. But I took a level business and did find it interesting to some part but if business is not something you’re interested in after school then I found it pretty useless. At the end of the day, when you get your grades the subject won’t actually matter (it didn’t for me doing a levels after anyway, not sure if it’s different for college etc) you can still choose any subjects you want for the next stage, so pick the one you think you’ll enjoy the most and hopefully that will help you to get better grades in it.
Okayn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally, I would drop drama, if you have a passion for drama though you might want to keep it. At GCSE I did both business and geography. For business, a lot of it was just common sense so it wasn't really difficult to understand or learn (there's just a lot of it). Business does have large questions though, I had to do 6, 7, 9 and 12 markers for my exams (it might be different for you) but the teachers would probably show you some sort of structure to answer the questions.
SneezyPanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Straight down drop Drama. I'm going on to do Geography at University in September so I'm kinda biased but Geography, even at GCSE, gives you so many employable and useable skills that will help in so many ways. It's also one of those subjects that are seen as being 'core' or whatever so it helps with getting to A-Levels or Uni. Creative subjects like Drama are great if you want to go for a career in that area but are pretty useless otherwise. I don't know a single person that did GCSE Drama that has ever said "I'm so glad I took GCSE Drama it was the best subject I could have taken and its really helped me out", but y'know.:groovy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (67)
30.59%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.87%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.22%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.48%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.4%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.37%

Watched Threads