if your bf/gf is still in contact with their ex

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how would you guys react if you find out that your current partner is still in contact with their ex? maybe even friends...
Anonnorth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is nothing wrong with them being in contact and friends .. the only problem is if goes further and they sleep together.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
how would you guys react if you find out that your current partner is still in contact with their ex? maybe even friends...
Depends on the situation.
Being just friends/saying hello and speaking occasionally would be fine. Being too friendly, all over each other, sleeping together would be a no no.

If any boyfriend of mine had a kid/kids with his ex, then that would be fine. Obviously I would expect him to have a relationship with his kid(s) and to do that some contact with the mother is going to be necessary.
If any boyfriend of mine was in contact with an ex for another genuine reason e.g. see each other at work/a club they attend or something then that would also be fine.
But constantly speaking, being too friendly, him being secretive over his phone, staying over at her house, kissing, sleeping together etc etc would deffo be a no no.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonnorth)
There is nothing wrong with them being in contact and friends .. the only problem is if goes further and they sleep together.
yea but what if they do it in secret??? like why hide right???
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't have a problem unless the ex was a criminal or had a history of serious mental health problems.
I've stayed friends with some of my exes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emma:-))
Depends on the situation.
Being just friends/saying hello and speaking occasionally would be fine. Being too friendly, all over each other, sleeping together would be a no no.

If any boyfriend of mine had a kid/kids with his ex, then that would be fine. Obviously I would expect him to have a relationship with his kid(s) and to do that some contact with the mother is going to be necessary.
If any boyfriend of mine was in contact with an ex for another genuine reason e.g. see each other at work/a club they attend or something then that would also be fine.
But constantly speaking, being too friendly, him being secretive over his phone, staying over at her house, kissing, sleeping together etc etc would deffo be a no no.
exactlyyy!!!! the thing is when i asked him if he texted her, he said yes but just as friends and then i let it be because he told me the truth and i didnt really see anything wrong with him being just friends with his ex bt then he was acting all suspicious so i was very curious and i went through his chat. when i did i see how they were texting each other i was surprised... they were calling each other "love", "babe" and then she proceeds to say that she misses him and then he says that he misses her too, like wtf!? that isnt how you text your ex whoz jst a friend now while having a new gf!!! and i know it is very wrong of me to do that but i guess something good did come out of it. I didnt confront him about this situation right away instead i kept asking him if he is lying to me or hiding something from me...i was hoping he'd come clean but he just kept denying, after 3 days i couldn't really put up with it so i asked him one more time but this time i asked him to look into my eyes and reply. I was really hurt with what happened becz he looked directly into my eyes and without even flinching he said " no i am not lying to you ..why do you think i would lie to you, i promise you we are just friends.."
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'm fine with it. Sometimes, we all meet up and have sex. It's great fun.
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ouch, that's a big no from me. I guess everyone is different; if they truly don't have feelings for one another anymore then it might be nice to think he's civil enough to stay genuine friends, but I know personally I could never see myself being friends with an ex. I grow too attached, so I can only really stop my feelings if they're not in my life anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads