Co-worker has noncey tendencies, mixed feelings:

Watch
Dontknow698
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My job invovles only working with 1 person throughout the night, so I can't just avoid him.

I think he's an alright bloke, didn't think he was noncey early on as he told me about his previous partners (who happened to be over 30.)

Then things slipped out and he said that the youngest he would have sex with is 14. He is in his late 30's.

The only reason he doesn't is because of the law.

His justification is that they are physically developed by 14. However my stance is that they are children emotionally/intellectually.

Hell even 16 is too young for me for this reason.

I'm not going to tell anyone about this because he isn't going to act on it, and besides I'm not a grass.

If your co-worker was noncey, how would you react?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dontknow698)
My job invovles only working with 1 person throughout the night, so I can't just avoid him.

I think he's an alright bloke, didn't think he was noncey early on as he told me about his previous partners (who happened to be over 30.)

Then things slipped out and he said that the youngest he would have sex with is 14. He is in his late 30's.

His justification is that they are physically developed by 14. However my stance is that they are children emotionally/intellectually.

I'm not going to tell anyone about this because he isn't going to act on it, and besides I'm not a grass.

and if the law doesn't stand in his way? if he finds a way to cover his tracks online, perhaps? do you think the 14 year olds he will prey on will appreciate the fact that you didn't tell anyone because you didn't want to be a "grass." you've no way of knowing he wont act on it, tell a manager in confidence. the manager/owner has the right to know things like this as some businesses do employ as young as 14/15. if your manager deems this a suitable thing to say, then leave it
Dontknow698
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
and if the law doesn't stand in his way? if he finds a way to cover his tracks online, perhaps? do you think the 14 year olds he will prey on will appreciate the fact that you didn't tell anyone because you didn't want to be a "grass." you've no way of knowing he wont act on it, tell a manager in confidence. the manager/owner has the right to know things like this as some businesses do employ as young as 14/15. if your manager deems this a suitable thing to say, then leave it
Ah fuc*, this is the biggest dillema I've had all year.
username3962008
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

That's just gross, I'd try to ignore
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah fuc*, this is the biggest dillema I've had all year.
i don't see any dilemas here. just send your manager a quick email to meet and tell him. it's your duty as an employee to be open about these kind of things. if he leaves, then its good for you, you wont have to deal with his creepy comments anymore
barnet1471
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you think it is anything other than an opinion and he may have been looking or seeking 14 year olds on the internet, it should be a police matter. He is not an 'alright bloke' at all.
Dontknow698
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnet1471)
If you think it is anything other than an opinion and he may have been looking or seeking 14 year olds on the internet, it should be a police matter. He is not an 'alright bloke' at all.
Fuc*in hell, you may be right.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

He is your co-worker, you don't have to be friends with him. If what he says goes against your personal beliefs then just keep your relationship with him strictly professional and only talk to him when necessary when it pertains to the job.

you could report him to your boss i suppose, but technically he has done nothing illegal and i have a feeling he would not get sacked.., and you still have to work with him after that it is going to be a very uncomfortable environment. not worth it imo, and also no one likes a grass
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
He is your co-worker, you don't have to be friends with him. If what he says goes against your personal beliefs then just keep your relationship with him strictly professional and only talk to him when necessary when it pertains to the job.

you could report him to your boss i suppose, but technically he has done nothing illegal and i have a feeling he would not get sacked.., and you still have to work with him after that it is going to be a very uncomfortable environment. not worth it imo, and also no one likes a grass
please shut up. this man said the only reason he's not having sex with a 14 year old is the law. the only reason i'm not robbing a waitrose right now is because there's cameras and cashiers and security guards. if there weren't any security measures, i would do it. for that man, talking to a 14 year old online doesn't have security measures, she isn't likely to call the police. the law isn't stopping him in any way that matters. saying he would do it is not illegal, but hearing him say he would and not telling anyone is immoral
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
please shut up. this man said the only reason he's not having sex with a 14 year old is the law. the only reason i'm not robbing a waitrose right now is because there's cameras and cashiers and security guards. if there weren't any security measures, i would do it. for that man, talking to a 14 year old online doesn't have security measures, she isn't likely to call the police. the law isn't stopping him in any way that matters. saying he would do it is not illegal, but hearing him say he would and not telling anyone is immoral
No I won't shut up. How about instead you stop hiding behind anon when you run your mouth.

The man said he wouldn't do it because of the law.
There's a lot of things people would be doing but aren't doing because of the law/rules

If he said he was hoping to sleep with a 14 year old/planned to sleep with a 14 year old/ or had already slept with a 14 year old that would be a whole different matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.44%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.67%
Not bothered either way (33)
12.99%
I'm really nervous (48)
18.9%

Watched Threads