The Student Room Group

Lancaster university vs Cranfield university

Hi guys, i have offer letters from both Cranfield university and lancaster university for msc finance and management and msc finance respectively. Which university is better for the course, more recognised amongst employers and more prestigious?
Reply 1
Lancaster all the way.
Not sure about now, but Cranfield Business School used to be one of the best (in the 90s) in the country, and the Cranfield MBA used to be the dogs proverbials.
Reply 3
Original post by Tinders
Lancaster all the way.

But isn’t Cranfield ranked higher ?
Reply 4
Original post by Ayushi bedi
But isn’t Cranfield ranked higher ?

Lancaster consistently ranks inside the top 10 for Complete University Guide, although this year they missed out by 1 place.
Pick the cheaper one.
Original post by Ayushi bedi
Hi guys, i have offer letters from both Cranfield university and lancaster university for msc finance and management and msc finance respectively. Which university is better for the course, more recognised amongst employers and more prestigious?

Hi @Ayushi bedi,

First of all, congratulations on your offers!!
I'm a student here at Lancaster studying Finance & Economics BSc. I can't advise on MSc Finance itself but I can give a bit of insight into the university, the department and what it's like to live here!

When choosing a course its always best to go for what interests you most, it may be that one of the two courses you've been offered is suited more to your interests and learning style. To speak to more students at Lancaster, you can visit this page, and filter by course :smile:

It also could be that the environment for each university is different and one suits your preferences more. Lancaster is a campus university near a city and close to some amazing green spaces too. It has a close knit community feel but there is so many things going on as well. It definitely helps to study in a place you feel comfortable! Another benefit of the Lancaster University Management School is its dedicated careers service only for LUMS students that help with everything from employability, careers, skills and networking.

If you have any questions about Lancaster, feel free to ask below!

Charlie :smile:
Finance & Economics BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending