How do i know if i have endometriosis?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello so i’ve always had bad period pain which is pretty normal i guess but i also never could eat anything especially on the first day because of the pain and nausea. However, for the past one and a half years my period has gotten even worse to the point where i was vomiting all day and couldn’t get out of bed each time so i’d leave a bucket at the side of my bed. I didn’t think anything of it though but recently i’ve seen people talk about it on tiktok and how they have endometriosis? I’ve started taking 2 ibuprofens as soon as i start my period for the past 3 months and haven’t vomited since. Could i still have it or is it just regular symptoms of a period?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
im similar but i dont have endotmetriosis.mines to do with how my body reacts to progesterone.progesterone imbalance.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:doctor:

You cannot self diagnose medical conditions like this.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello so i’ve always had bad period pain which is pretty normal i guess but i also never could eat anything especially on the first day because of the pain and nausea. However, for the past one and a half years my period has gotten even worse to the point where i was vomiting all day and couldn’t get out of bed each time so i’d leave a bucket at the side of my bed. I didn’t think anything of it though but recently i’ve seen people talk about it on tiktok and how they have endometriosis? I’ve started taking 2 ibuprofens as soon as i start my period for the past 3 months and haven’t vomited since. Could i still have it or is it just regular symptoms of a period?
This is a question for a doctor not TSR or tiktok. Endometriosis is serious and not managed with a couple of ibuprofen
lucyyy12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d say it’s not normal, and it’s worth going to see your gp about. It may not be endometriosis, but there could be something wrong. Always best to check Xxx
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
This is a question for a doctor not TSR or tiktok. Endometriosis is serious and not managed with a couple of ibuprofen
oh okay i would’ve gone to the doctor but i’ve been fine recently so i thought there was no point.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
Deffinately agree
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Endometriosis is diagnosed by doing keyhole surgery to look inside your pelvis with a camera. If you are worried about having this, see your GP but to me, if your symptoms are controlled by ibuprofen, that just sounds like normal period pain.
Last edited by black tea; 1 month ago
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My GP has on my file that I have endometriosis due to my severe pain that couldn't be controlled by ibuprofen or the usual prescription painkillers they give for period pain, bc my pain wasn't unusually bad in other parts of my body, not just in my stomach and I have a regular but short cycle which are all indicators.
I was told a true diagnosis would require a general anaesthetic and laparoscopy (camera inside) but she didn't think it was necessary to go through all that when there's no real cure for endo anyway. My doctors are just stopping my period completely so I've gone on the progesteron only pill to see if that will stop them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (39)
14.94%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (84)
32.18%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (31)
11.88%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (22)
8.43%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.36%
I think it's an unfair expectation (68)
26.05%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.15%

Watched Threads