wanting to retake year 12. is it worth it ?

Watch
wokepreacher
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i got downgraded in my gcses and got into a college that doesn't teach my priority subject (maths) very well. i went from an a to a c this year and we definitely won't finish all of that content.
that along with doing subjects that i didn't really like is taking a toll on me. i do maths, bio and chemistry but i'm planning on doing maths, chemistry, art and physics at a different college.
would this change impact my entry into university ?
OtakuLeveledUp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends what you want to do but redoing yr 12 will be much easier the second time through as you done the stuff but a bit boring I guess. College/BTEC is also an option if you know exactly what you want to do for your life. Don’t feel shamed in repeating but it is a whole year and something you need to discuss and a C is still a pass.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i don't recommend doing 4 a levels, especially if one of them is very coursework heavy and time consuming like art. if you're not happy where you're currently studying then nothing wrong with moving to a different institution and retaking the year. what are you thinking of doing after a-levels?
Sam413
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally I would not recommend doing 4 a levels also as it is very time consuming and would drain your energy. However, you could do 4 a levels temporarily and drop one subject you find the most difficult or boring. A fresh start in a new institution is not a bad idea but having to leave your friends as they enter the year above you can be quite upsetting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
28.97%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.35%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed