ellielonhy123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently in the summer before starting Yr 12 and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to survive A-levels and how different it is from Yr 11/GCSE's?
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sixth form is bearly any different from secondary school, anyone who says it's totally different is a complete lier

I didn't do too well with revision but I always say this when I ever see these posts:

Bring A Notebook

On my first day, I was surprised to see everyone else in my class just whipped out a notebook and there is me who was expecting to get those books you get in secondary school...... You are probs a lot smarter than me and don't even need this stupid advice but hey
spacingoutagainx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what subjects are you planning on doing
ellielonhy123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by spacingoutagainx)
what subjects are you planning on doing
Biology, Chemistry, Maths
spacingoutagainx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ellielonhy123)
Biology, Chemistry, Maths
if you’re planning on going into medicine, have a look at the sutton trust pathways programme (this will help you with work experience, your personal statement and many other opportunities).

i wouldn’t recommend starting any of the courses but do read the specifications for your subjects and have a look for some transition work, if your school doesn’t give you any
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Treat formal education as a rite of passage that you need to complete to earn social approval. There seems to be no other way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.74%
Excited but a bit nervous (145)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.84%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.25%

Watched Threads