Should I block him?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I met him in March and we got into social media contact (Whatsapp/Instagram) since May. He was more into me but behaved weirdly. He took 7 days to message me on Whatsapp. Then at times he would get desperate and start saying he finishes work at 8pm and we should go for coffee or he can teach me Spanish as he's from Spain. 8pm was quite late so I told him we can meet up in the afternoon some other day which he agreed.

He was a bit creepy towards me as he would look at my cleavage or dress and crotch area when we used to meet at work.
2 weeks ago he left the job and told me that he's leaving and to write to him on IG/Whatsapp etc. I did message him saying if he's free anytime, he can let me know.

But he rarely messages or texts. He's not very good at English , spoken or written. Makes a lot of spelling mistakes and at times, he wouldn't be able to reply to what I was saying because he isn't fluent enough. He can still speak and understand but not like fluently.

When he first messaged me , he wrote only 1 line basic sentences. About teaching Spanish, he was writing in Spanish so it was easier I guess.

Anyways, he's really irritating me now as he watches all my Instagram stories. Sometimes I post it and in 2 mins, he's the first viewer. He will sometimes react to my stories but won't talk or speak beyond. Just react with emojis.

I'm really annoyed. What is his problem and should I just block him or mute him?
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met him in March and we got into social media contact (Whatsapp/Instagram) since May. He was more into me but behaved weirdly. He took 7 days to message me on Whatsapp. Then at times he would get desperate and start saying he finishes work at 8pm and we should go for coffee or he can teach me Spanish as he's from Spain. 8pm was quite late so I told him we can meet up in the afternoon some other day which he agreed.

He was a bit creepy towards me as he would look at my cleavage or dress and crotch area when we used to meet at work.
2 weeks ago he left the job and told me that he's leaving and to write to him on IG/Whatsapp etc. I did message him saying if he's free anytime, he can let me know.

But he rarely messages or texts. He's not very good at English , spoken or written. Makes a lot of spelling mistakes and at times, he wouldn't be able to reply to what I was saying because he isn't fluent enough. He can still speak and understand but not like fluently.

When he first messaged me , he wrote only 1 line basic sentences. About teaching Spanish, he was writing in Spanish so it was easier I guess.

Anyways, he's really irritating me now as he watches all my Instagram stories. Sometimes I post it and in 2 mins, he's the first viewer. He will sometimes react to my stories but won't talk or speak beyond. Just react with emojis.

I'm really annoyed. What is his problem and should I just block him or mute him?
Your annoyed because he checks your insta and is the first person to do so ? isn’t that the whole point of it ? . That’s like getting a annoyed at water for being wet.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If he can’t even speak English himself, how would he teach you Spanish?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
Your annoyed because he checks your insta and is the first person to do so ? isn’t that the whole point of it ? . That’s like getting a annoyed at water for being wet.
Why is he checking when he's not interested?
Stumpy1001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why is he checking when he's not interested?
Does everyone who checks your insta interested in you? .
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
If he can’t even speak English himself, how would he teach you Spanish?
He's Spanish that's why. He can speak , read or write but is not 100% grammatically correct or fluent. More like 50%
Anonymous #1
Does everyone who checks your insta interested in you? .
I wrote he was acting interested. There's a difference
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He's Spanish that's why. He can speak , read or write but is not 100% grammatically correct or fluent. More like 50%

He shouldn’t be trying to teach you Spanish if he’s 50% grammatically correct.........
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
You're probably more concerned with him then he is with you. This is like your 10th thread on this guy
Stumpy1001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wrote he was acting interested. There's a difference
Maybe he meant interested in the content
Anonymous #1
Maybe he meant interested in the content
He shouldn’t be trying to teach you Spanish if he’s 50% grammatically correct.........
I'm talking about English being 50% .
Ax Sleepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Yk this story is similar to their person who said this guy couldn't very speak English so he's just there for sex or some mad shi like this
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm talking about English being 50% .

Yeah, so from what it looks like is he’s trying to use the whole ”teaching you Spanish” thing as an excuse to sleep with you. I’m using this judgement because of the fact that he can’t even answer you in English when you reply to him but is expecting to teach you some words which translates from English to Spanish. If someone who wanted to teach you that, he would have to be fluently read in the English language and competent enough to verbally translate.

Now, he’s just ignoring you. To be quite frank, I think you should just message him if he’s annoying you. I think this is also fairly safe to say that he’s staring at you in inappropriate places like that, which is obviously safe to say he wants to do something sexual with you. So if you want to act upon that then message him to meet up with you. (You did say you want to meet up with him).

If not then block him because you clearly have a communication barrier.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean you can block whoever you want. If you don't want to speak to him and don't like his behaviour, that's a perfectly good reason.
Anonymous #1
Yeah, so from what it looks like is he’s trying to use the whole ”teaching you Spanish” thing as an excuse to sleep with you. I’m using this judgement because of the fact that he can’t even answer you in English when you reply to him but is expecting to teach you some words which translates from English to Spanish. If someone who wanted to teach you that, he would have to be fluently read in the English language and competent enough to verbally translate.

Now, he’s just ignoring you. To be quite frank, I think you should just message him if he’s annoying you. I think this is also fairly safe to say that he’s staring at you in inappropriate places like that, which is obviously safe to say he wants to do something sexual with you. So if you want to act upon that then message him to meet up with you. (You did say you want to meet up with him).

Yeah but now he's ignoring me so clearly he wants nothing anymore? I tagged him in two pics, one which he liked and the other he didn't.
So he probably is like he doesn't want anything anymore ?
Anonymous #1

I did message but he didn't reply nor suggest a meeting. All he does is view my stories continously and react to 1 or 2 of them. Otherwise nothing. Either he thinks he doesn't want me anymore as he left the job or he's playing games like he did with the number. He took a week to message me.
Honestly he's not even cute or anything special but since he got some attention, he thinks he's some Greek God.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
I mean you can block whoever you want. If you don't want to speak to him and don't like his behaviour, that's a perfectly good reason.
I want to add he's a bit weird. While at work, he used to go in for 1 or 2 mins to check his Instagram and see my stories.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did message but he didn't reply nor suggest a meeting. All he does is view my stories continously and react to 1 or 2 of them. Otherwise nothing. Either he thinks he doesn't want me anymore as he left the job or he's playing games like he did with the number. He took a week to message me.
Honestly he's not even cute or anything special but since he got some attention, he thinks he's some Greek God.
Yeah but now he's ignoring me so clearly he wants nothing anymore? I tagged him in two pics, one which he liked and the other he didn't.
So he probably is like he doesn't want anything anymore ?

Yeah, doesn’t want anything anymore. I’d say block and move on.
LV151
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Just block him and call it a day, hes not really making a difference in your life, the guy sounds creepy aswell, it seems like with his insta responses that hes trying to stay in your life, it doesnt sound like there is a bond here anyway.
Anonymous #1
Yeah, doesn’t want anything anymore. I’d say block and move on.
But why obsessively watching my stories? His picture in the viewers list triggers me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.62%
Excited but a bit nervous (115)
45.63%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.1%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads