The Student Room Group

How do you make friends at uni when you commute?

I'm going to be going to uni in september, and I'm not sure how I'm going to make friends. I have to take a 30 minute bus ride to get into the city since I live in a small town outside of it. I figure the lectures arent the best place to meet people since people are going to be focusing on the lecturer and writing notes etc. Anyone who was/is in a similair situation to able to tell me how they managed? Thanks.
Ehm... Hi the best way is to join clubssssss
Then you can find like-minded people and connect.
Also its always beneficial to have a course-mate you converse with so a little "hi" after lectures doesn't harm if u get me.

Also you can go to freshers events . u dont have to go to everyone of them. Two or three would be fine

U'd deffo meet people, especially since as freshers everyone is in the same boat; wanting to make friends

U should be fine

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Pollokshed
Ehm... Hi the best way is to join clubssssss
Then you can find like-minded people and connect.
Also its always beneficial to have a course-mate you converse with so a little "hi" after lectures doesn't harm if u get me.

Also you can go to freshers events . u dont have to go to everyone of them. Two or three would be fine

U'd deffo meet people, especially since as freshers everyone is in the same boat; wanting to make friends

U should be fine

Good luck

Problem is the long commute times making it awkward to go to the various clubs.
Original post by Waxhousepop
Problem is the long commute times making it awkward to go to the various clubs.

Aye aye

I get that well there are fresher events and uni raves u could attend as a substitute?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending