bee.s
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I’m due to start nursing at university and in the meantime I’ve recently taken on a job to earn some extra cash. I was hoping to carry on with this job once my course starts but doing possibly half the hours of what I’m doing now so I know I’ve got a stream of money coming in from somewhere. The people I work with are nice which is a change from my previous job. The only problem is I’ve had some issues with my manager the past week or two which wasn’t the case before, and on top of that I’m not as interested in the actual job anymore. I believe it’s because I know I’m moving in to a career with better prospects for me personally and dealing with a manager who’s been treating me poorly is something I’m not keen on pretending to be fine with. Obviously you always get managers like this everywhere you go, but I’d rather put my energy into preparing myself for this course instead of having the stress of managers that make me miserable, I think it’ll overshadow the excitement of starting uni and a great future ahead.

I’m currently looking for other jobs and came across some decent ones that I’ll be applying for over the next few days. Working in an environment where I feel miserable isn’t ideal but would like to hear your opinion on if it’s best to leave my current job and concentrate on preparing for uni until I find a more suitable job as a nursing student or stick this one out for another month or two, keep earning cash and see how it goes? It’s a mind battle between preserving my mental health or just getting on with it.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Before you leave the job, you gotta make sure you apply first to as many companies as you can and make sure that one of them has hired you.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bee.s)
Hi,
I’m due to start nursing at university and in the meantime I’ve recently taken on a job to earn some extra cash. I was hoping to carry on with this job once my course starts but doing possibly half the hours of what I’m doing now so I know I’ve got a stream of money coming in from somewhere. The people I work with are nice which is a change from my previous job. The only problem is I’ve had some issues with my manager the past week or two which wasn’t the case before, and on top of that I’m not as interested in the actual job anymore. I believe it’s because I know I’m moving in to a career with better prospects for me personally and dealing with a manager who’s been treating me poorly is something I’m not keen on pretending to be fine with. Obviously you always get managers like this everywhere you go, but I’d rather put my energy into preparing myself for this course instead of having the stress of managers that make me miserable, I think it’ll overshadow the excitement of starting uni and a great future ahead.

I’m currently looking for other jobs and came across some decent ones that I’ll be applying for over the next few days. Working in an environment where I feel miserable isn’t ideal but would like to hear your opinion on if it’s best to leave my current job and concentrate on preparing for uni until I find a more suitable job as a nursing student or stick this one out for another month or two, keep earning cash and see how it goes? It’s a mind battle between preserving my mental health or just getting on with it.
I'd get a new job before leaving this one. It's easier to find a job whilst already employed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (39)
28.89%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.89%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
54.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed