Turn on thread page Beta

the joys of being gay! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    well then please explain to me your logical purpose in life when logging on in an internet site :rolleyes:
    the logical purpose for all is to have children to carry on the species.

same for all animals/life in general.

i plan to do just that when i can adequately provide for them and find a women who would like to do the same with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    the logical purpose for all is to have children to carry on the species.

same for all animals/life in general.

i plan to do just that when i can adequately provide for them and find a women who would like to do the same with me
    Except that human beings often have sex for reasons other than reproduction and homosexuality is a common occurance in the animal kingdom...

ReputationRep:
    Except that human beings often have sex for reasons other than reproduction and homosexuality is a common occurance in the animal kingdom...
    makes no difference to the eventual aim in my case.

ReputationRep:
    are you scared of gays?
    no im not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topdude)
    no im not
    hardly a homophobe then are you?

ReputationRep:
    makes no difference to the eventual aim in my case.
    I know but what I meant is that you're probably not taking that aim into consideration in every aspect of your life, (unless you only plan on having sex when you're really thinking about reproducing) so Magicarpet(or whatever the name is) couldn't use that as an argument for the way gay people live their lives, you can't say that homosexual sex is wrong because it doesn't fufill logical purposes because neither does protected sex (unless of course you're against that too...)

ReputationRep:
    no im not
    wouldn't homophobe suggest a phobia of homosexuals? (and isn't phobia a fear)

ReputationRep:
    I know but what I meant is that you're probably not taking that aim into consideration in every aspect of your life, (unless you only plan on having sex when you're really thinking about reproducing) so Magicarpet(or whatever the name is) couldn't use that as an argument for the way gay people live their lives, you can't say that homosexual sex is wrong because it doesn't fufill logical purposes because neither does protected sex (unless of course you're against that too...)
    my primary aims are to get married and have children.

to help in achieving the above im hoping to get good grades and a good job.

thats it really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    yea i find that too, all my friends at school think im "looking at them". like id hit on my best friends?!? :eek: i think they are more used to it now.
    That's the main point I'd make really. I'm straight, to the point that I've never been attracted to women. It just makes me different to people who are, it doesn't make me, or them, weird. Thing is, I have male friends and they don't seem to worry about me fancying them. We're friends, we know that. I'm not attracted to every bloke in the world, just one in particular right now :love:. It's taken for granted that for straight people, that's the case. Some people do seem to think though that if you're gay, you fancy everyone, It's not nymphomania! One of my best friend's is bisexual, it never bothered me... she's my friend, she doesn't fancy me, just like the boys I'm friends with don't either. And even if she did... so what?

ReputationRep:
    This is such a gay thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    If you'd ever experienced me you would know another one.

Do you think its normal to put your didgeridoo in another man's bottom?
    being gay isnt about sticking your musical instrument into another man's bottom. It is about being sexually attracted to men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    being gay isnt about sticking your musical instrument into another man's bottom. It is about being sexually attracted to men.
    you're a bit limited in where to put it then arent you

ReputationRep:
    my primary aims are to get married and have children.

to help in achieving the above im hoping to get good grades and a good job.

thats it really.
    wait, you're what 20 right? Isn't it a bit early to be thinking about those particular aims? (do I sound like a 50 year old?)

ReputationRep:
    wait, you're what 20 right? Isn't it a bit early to be thinking about those particular aims? (do I sound like a 50 year old?)
    yes i am 20. when would you suggest is a good age then...?!

considering a lot of people get married and have kids in the 18-24 bracket...

ReputationRep:
    you're a bit limited in where to put it then arent you
    you dont get me.

a gay virgin is still gay, isn't he?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not convinced that life has a 'logical purpose' beyond living it. How you live (not how you choose to live) should not be up for scrutiny - people don't have to justify themselves, they just 'are'. Reproduction is merely a consequence of life for those who desire it (granted, this is the population at large!) - that's how we prolong our existence. But, is that the point?

Ben

ReputationRep:
    hardly a homophobe then are you?
    im not scared of gays, however i am against gays and believe that they are amongst the lowest of all humans...im more of a gayist then a homophobe!

ReputationRep:
    im not scared of gays, however i am against gays and believe that they are amongst the lowest of all humans...im more of a gayist then a homophobe!
    fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    you dont get me.

a gay virgin is still gay, isn't he?
    i would say so. the whole "sexually attracted" bit in your post threw me off your intended course.

ReputationRep:
    i would say so. the whole "sexually attracted" bit in your post threw me off your intended course.
    how so?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.