Opinions on gap year after a-levels

Watch
Meliodas6
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thinking of taking a gap year after I’m done with a levels, currently in year 12, I want to Japan for about 3-4 months as I’m in love W their culture and everything about them however I’m not too sure, anyone got experiences? I’m most likely planning to go uni after
sleepycloud
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes of course! I think if it's something you'd like to do then having a gap year is a really great idea. I ended up taking a year out after my A-Levels due to the pandemic but I'm actually so glad I did anyway as it's given me some time to unwind after years of studying and allowed myself the time to really think about what it is I want to do in the future. As it seems you already have an idea of what you'd like to do during your year out I personally think it would be a really nice experience if you don't mind taking time away from your studies. I wish you so much luck with whatever you decided to do!!
Last edited by sleepycloud; 1 month ago
Meliodas6
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Perfect, this has given me confidence to probably go ahead and do it, thanks a lot
Manclass98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you can afford it, do it. I wish I had the money to do it, I just worked all through school, college and uni. But I hope to travel some more next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.68%
Uncertainty around my education (59)
11.55%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (61)
11.94%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
12.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.48%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (23)
4.5%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.37%
Financial worries (31)
6.07%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.94%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (51)
9.98%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (43)
8.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise