The Student Room Group

how to escape the friend zone?

How do I get out of the friend zone with a guy I like a lot?
Such a thing doesn't exist, he just doesn't fancy you so you don't ''escape'' it, you find someone else.

Applies to 99% of the threads on this subforum.
Indeed, you express a romantic interest and they either reciprocate or don't and you respect their position.
You express your intentions i.e romantically and if he says no accept it and move on. The friendzone just means a person doesn't like you romantically, which you can't change.
Give yourself the opportunity to stop forcing the situation, and to focus on yourself.
Reply 5
Does the guy like you back in a romantic way?
Have you asked him if he wants to do things with you on a romantic level?

If no, but you still want some form of romance / sexual lifestyle, go the friends with benefits route.

If no still, then baseline friends is where you two are at.

If no to this, then acquaintances (you speak rarely but still know & like each other).

And if no to this, then part ways and find someone else.
Yeah, probably just initiating that you want more than that. So flirting - I.e pushing the boundaries of what a normal friendship would consist of, showing clear interest in him romantically. If, however, these feelings aren’t reciprocated then you have to accept that the feelings aren’t mutual. Then just focus on yourself; find hobbies, find someone new etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending