Imperial Medicine Admissions – Ask Me Anything!

Watch
Imperial College School of Medicine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, my name is Lidia and I am the Student Services Administrator for Admissions at Imperial School of Medicine.

I am here to support you in your application to our MBBS programme and I will answer your questions about the admission process and the student life at Imperial.

Post your questions here and I'll be back on Friday 25th June 2pm - 5pm (UK time) to talk to you live and answer as many of your questions as possible.

Please understand that I will not be able to comment on individual cases and grades, as our admissions requirements take into consideration all steps of the admissions process, including BMAT score and MMI outcome.

Some information that you might find useful:

Our previous Ask Me Anything thread on the Student Room where you can have a look at the questions I already answered on applications and BMAT.

Our Virtual Open Day page where you can watch videos and presentations from our last open day online. We also have an Open Day coming up TODAY: make sure you don't miss it!

Our dedicated webpage for schools and students.

Our MBBS prospectus.

I am looking forward to helping you in your journey to your medical career!
Caecillius111
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you going into clearing ?

Thanks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Caecillius111)
Are you going into clearing ?

Thanks
Hello Caecillius111,

Thank you very much for your question!

We do not anticipate going into clearing. We welcome re-applications and we have a webpage dedicated to gap years, with tips on how to make the best out of the time off school: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/...akingagapyear/

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best wishes,
Lidia
15mohsinfa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does doing philosophy for Alevel instead of Maths or physics with Chem and bio hinder my chances of getting or puts me at a disadvantage. Would bias be given over to students doing those, even if unintentional?
Rep:
?
(Original post by 15mohsinfa)
Does doing philosophy for Alevel instead of Maths or physics with Chem and bio hinder my chances of getting or puts me at a disadvantage. Would bias be given over to students doing those, even if unintentional?
Hello 15mohsinfa,

Thank you very much for your question!

Our minimum entry standard for 2022 entry is AAA overall, to include:

A in Biology
A in Chemistry
A in a third subject

General Studies and Critical Thinking are not accepted, but there is no bias against other subjects. As a guide, the typical offer is a three A-level offer: A*AA

You can find our more about our entry requirements here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...y-requirements

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best wishes,
Lidia
Rando3005
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you ever had a reserve list?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
if my predictions dont meet the entry requirement, am i called in for an interview or rejected immediately?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rando3005)
Have you ever had a reserve list?
Hello Rando3005,

Thank you very much for your question.

We do not have a Reserve or Waiting list and we do not anticipate going into clearing.

Have a great week!

Best wishes,
Lidia
Last edited by Imperial College School of Medicine; 4 weeks ago
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
if my predictions dont meet the entry requirement, am i called in for an interview or rejected immediately?
Dear Student,

Thank you for your message!

Predicted grades AAA are part of our minimum entry requirements, without which you would not progress onto the next step of the application process.

You can find more details here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...y-requirements

Best wishes,
Lidia
Hypeboss100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I’m waiting on GCSE results and I have a feeling they won’t be the best compared to if I had done my proper GCSE exams. So if I did really well in my Alevels and if I got like an 7/8 in English a 9 in maths GCSE, is that good enough?Thanks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hypeboss100)
Hi I’m waiting on GCSE results and I have a feeling they won’t be the best compared to if I had done my proper GCSE exams. So if I did really well in my Alevels and if I got like an 7/8 in English a 9 in maths GCSE, is that good enough?Thanks
Dear Hypeboss100,

Thank you for your email.

Please note, we do not look at GCSE grades.

Best wishes,
Lidia
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey there, what does a good application look like, like I mean what do you generally see for other than a levels and bmats ucats.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
16.04%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (32)
30.19%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (10)
9.43%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (12)
11.32%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.72%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
26.42%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.89%

Watched Threads