The Student Room Group

failing a level ocr chemistry

failing a level ocr chemistry because I missed a lot of school for mental health issues. does anyone have any recommendations on how to catch and/or websites or videos to use?
Probably retake a year then op
It is very hard to teach yourself

I'm surprised your college didn't give you some.sort of learning plan or catch up sessions
Have you discussed your options with them ? Did you notify them as to why you couldn't attend ? Was your absence authorised ?
if you've been struggling with your mental health i'd definitely talk to a teacher or someone involved in wellbeing about this so they can give you the support you need.
Original post by WazzWazz98
Probably retake a year then op
It is very hard to teach yourself

I'm surprised your college didn't give you some.sort of learning plan or catch up sessions
Have you discussed your options with them ? Did you notify them as to why you couldn't attend ? Was your absence authorised ?

they know about the situation. it has been going on since December and I know that I can do the work but there is no help from them and they keep forcing me to stay in lessons when I have no idea what they are talking about. should I maybe ask if instead of sitting in lessons or staying at home, I sit in the sixth form centre and do catch up work? would that be a good idea
what does op mean?
Original post by tired-student
they know about the situation. it has been going on since December and I know that I can do the work but there is no help from them and they keep forcing me to stay in lessons when I have no idea what they are talking about. should I maybe ask if instead of sitting in lessons or staying at home, I sit in the sixth form centre and do catch up work? would that be a good idea

I think they are therefore assuming that you've been catching up when at home

With respect, if you've been essentially absent since December in terms of where your studies are concerned you're not going to catch up over summer op

I don't think anyone could
what does op mean?

Original poster
failing a level ocr chemistry because I missed a lot of school for mental health issues. does anyone have any recommendations on how to catch and/or websites or videos to use?

https://www.revisely.co.uk/alevel/
my friend uses this for bio and loves it so hope this helps
(edited 2 years ago)

what does op mean?

Please check your Private Messages.

Quick Reply

Latest