nicolegrace1207
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Last year I got £9203 maintenance loan, this year I got £11730. I am living away from home but not in London. My mum is a single parent on EXTREMELY low income, she is slightly poorer than she was last year.
I was Googling and apparently the maximum I could get because I’m not living in London is £9444. Why was I given over £2000 more?

I’m not complaining! But I don’t want this to be an error & for me to have to repay it back, I’d rather get the right amount. Is it possible for a student living away from home NOT in London to get £117300? It was this likely and error?
SyedN
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nicolegrace1207)
Last year I got £9203 maintenance loan, this year I got £11730. I am living away from home but not in London. My mum is a single parent on EXTREMELY low income, she is slightly poorer than she was last year.
I was Googling and apparently the maximum I could get because I’m not living in London is £9444. Why was I given over £2000 more?

I’m not complaining! But I don’t want this to be an error & for me to have to repay it back, I’d rather get the right amount. Is it possible for a student living away from home NOT in London to get £117300? It was this likely and error?
I would recommend posting it to the Ask SFE thread where SFE people can reply to your query and give you the best answer possible.

Hope this helped!
nicolegrace1207
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Last year I got £9203 maintenance loan, this year I got £11730. I am living away from home but not in London ( Cambridge)

My mum is a single parent on EXTREMELY low income, she is slightly poorer than she was last year as she lost her job and had to go on benefits.

I’m not complaining! But I don’t want this to be an error & for me to have to repay it back, I’d rather get the right amount. Is it possible for a student living away from home NOT in London to get £117300? It was this likely an error? Or is it due to my mum having less income this year.
claudiaa.s
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont know but you might want to call them to check just in case because to pay it back will be tough or just collect it and maybe give your mum some.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above I'd suggest you contact them to find out. If you have been overpaid they will work it out eventually and seek to reclaim the overpayed amount directly (i.e. rather than you repaying it after you graduate).

However perhaps part of it was a bursary from SFE? I'm not sure if they still do those or how much you might be eligible for (or under what circumstances) in that case. Either way they can tell you what the situation is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (58)
11.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (60)
11.93%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (22)
4.37%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.54%
Financial worries (30)
5.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.36%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.98%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (49)
9.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.35%

Watched Threads