Need help dealing plagiarism allegations

Watch
Arktiks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hello I am currently a foundation year student and recently got an email about alleged plagiarism during my online exam. Since receiving this email I've felt hopeless and as if my heart just sank in my completed modules i've achieved over 80% after working so hard for those grades and for them to potentially not count because of a potential mistake makes me question myself. I was wondering what I could do to reduce any sort of punishment I will recieve after I attend a meeting next week to discuss and show evidence. My evidence so far has been that the teachers told us that we were allowed to look on the internet for help to answer questions but also that we could share our methods amongst each other but not give each other the actual answers. My evidence comes from the lecture recordings at my university which I have saved which shows the teacher explicitly stating those things also the live recordings also have a transcript which helped to reassure me that I did not mishear anything. I've never felt so stressed and lost before sometimes I feel like I can't bare it anymore and just stay asleep. Please can someone help me.
MiaBod2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m having the same problem I am a foundation student and have just received the email which is concerning because I didn’t plagiarise
Arktiks
Rep:
?
(Original post by MiaBod2)
I’m having the same problem I am a foundation student and have just received the email which is concerning because I didn’t plagiarise
I think whats annoying me the most is that the only thing I plagiarised was my notes which I created in a study group and just because I had similar mistakes on that they assumed that I was plagiarising someone else despite the fact in that module in the coursework I achieved over 90%.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Arktiks)
hello I am currently a foundation year student and recently got an email about alleged plagiarism during my online exam. Since receiving this email I've felt hopeless and as if my heart just sank in my completed modules i've achieved over 80% after working so hard for those grades and for them to potentially not count because of a potential mistake makes me question myself. I was wondering what I could do to reduce any sort of punishment I will recieve after I attend a meeting next week to discuss and show evidence. My evidence so far has been that the teachers told us that we were allowed to look on the internet for help to answer questions but also that we could share our methods amongst each other but not give each other the actual answers. My evidence comes from the lecture recordings at my university which I have saved which shows the teacher explicitly stating those things also the live recordings also have a transcript which helped to reassure me that I did not mishear anything. I've never felt so stressed and lost before sometimes I feel like I can't bare it anymore and just stay asleep. Please can someone help me.
It sounds like your doing the right things documenting everything so you can show how you completed the assignment and did as the university instructed. The only other thing you can do is speak to your student union and see i f they can help or if you want someone with you in the meeting.
Arktiks
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
It sounds like your doing the right things documenting everything so you can show how you completed the assignment and did as the university instructed. The only other thing you can do is speak to your student union and see i f they can help or if you want someone with you in the meeting.
I tried to contact the student union but currently, they have a waitlist of 3 weeks and when I was talking to the appeals team they said there's not much advice we can actually give u and when I've asked others what I should do they've just told me to try and convince them to let me resit the modules or accept getting a 0 despite, me not knowing that I had done anything wrong.
MiaBod2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Have you been told what’s going to happen?

I’ve been emailed by my lecturer and asked to discuss it with him via teams and if I don’t respond it will be forwarded to the exam people. I’ve responded but don’t know what will happen.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Arktiks)
I tried to contact the student union but currently, they have a waitlist of 3 weeks and when I was talking to the appeals team they said there's not much advice we can actually give u and when I've asked others what I should do they've just told me to try and convince them to let me resit the modules or accept getting a 0 despite, me not knowing that I had done anything wrong.
Ah that’s unfortunate your SU is letting you down (although not surprising to me).

It’s very hard to advise without knowing all the intricacies of your situation & university policies etc.

But thoroughly documenting everything and planning how to explain it seems to the right approach to be taking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (17)
16.04%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.55%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.66%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
39.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
23.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.89%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed